Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bad Santa.....

Just picked it up on DVD (the unrated "Badder Santa" version). Probably one of the funniest movies I've seen in quite some time. Billy Bob's hilarious in the film, and the chubby little kid (Brett Kelly) is even funnier.

One thing about the film that peaked my curiousity was the fact that the director never really went into the chubby little kid's background, or why he was so fanatically obsessed with Santa and/or Christmas in the first place. I suppose it's not really important, or integral to the comical elements of the movie. In fact, the kid's deadpan, unexplained disposition makes the film even funnier. It's just strange, because before Billy Bob and the kid become close, the kid just seems really odd, as if he's caught up in his own little world, and is unable to hear or understand anything that doesn't have to do with Christmas. It's interesing that the Kid is just presented as he is, without any real explanation.

Also, Lauren Graham, an actress I never really cared for in the past, seems really appealing in this film, and is actually really beautiful. Her presence adds something sweet to the movie.

Wonderful film, and well worth its dedication to the late John Ritter (whose final role in this film is simply wonderful).

"Also, Lauren Graham, an actress I never really cared for in the past, seems really appealing in this film, and is actually really beautiful. Her presence adds something sweet to the movie."

GREAT MOVIE OVERALL. Lauren Graham was definately great. I actually do watch her on Gilmore Girls once in awhile but her performance in Bad Santa def. made me a fan. She was hysterical.