Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ultra: Backpacks and Cameras?

OK so what is the official word on backpacks or cameras at Ultra? I've searched the entire Ultra web site, looked at the ticket I printed, looked at what Wanttickets has, and there is no information about this anywhere. Can someone from Ultra make a definitive statement?

yeah, when i went in '03 i was annoyed because they made us go all the way back to our cars to put our backpacks away (no bags, water, cameras, candy...nothin)...

then once we were inside, there were tons of people with bags/backpacks. the security people were really inconsistent about enforcing the rule. really annoying.

Exactly, except we took a cab so we were screwed, we had no choice but to pay the insane fee to store the camera and backpack. Now I know that the security people just had no idea what the hell they were doing. But I'd love to get a definite answer from someone at Ultra. You'd think this would be the kind of thing you could find out at the web site, but it isn't.

From the Ultra flyer:

"alcohol, bottles, cans, glass, backpacks, animals and sound systems are not to be brought onto the fesitval site"....."It is forbidden to bring any type of recording device, whether audio or visual, onto the festival site"

In years past some security guards allowed you to take bags and some didnt. Last year they were not allowing anything in.

hope that helps

Bobby Bassett,

www.ultramusicfestival.us

From the Ultra flyer:

"alcohol, bottles, cans, glass, backpacks, animals and sound systems are not to be brought onto the fesitval site"....."It is forbidden to bring any type of recording device, whether audio or visual, onto the festival site"

In years past some security guards allowed you to take bags and some didnt. Last year they were not allowing anything in.

hope that helps

Bobby Bassett,

www.ultramusicfestival.us

This means that CAMERAS are allowed then ... visual is like Video Recording, and Audio is like some mic or something .. ?!?... eitherway, bunch of ppl sneacked in the cameras, ive been lucky with that.

in years past, they have allowed backpacks, although they might search them when you enter. cameras are definitely allowed.

someone told me as i arrived to ultra that u couldn't bring in bag. i get to the gate & i see peeps getting there bags searched. i'm like wtf!!

i get in & a good prtion of peeps have a backpacks.