Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jack Johnson Live (Boca Raton, Fl)

funketeer

i was just talking about this with a friend of mine on wednesday...looking forward to it! such fortunate fools.

:bounce:

With the rest of the clowns yeah, yeah, yeah

Pick me up when I'm down yeah, yeah

Rodeo Clowns yeah, yeah, yeah

Pick me up when I'm down

Who is this?

Funketeer here from Manny's BBQ...hey Carisa, get this album, it's as trascendent as Bob Marley or Ben Harper...IMHO...the guy is a light.

jack_johnson.jpg

Jack Johnson was born on the North Shore of Oahu where he grew up like any local kid; surfing the Pipeline. By 14 he was competing in the Masters tournament as one of the top surfers in the world. It was his near fatal wipe out on one of these monster waves that immortalized him and his battered face became an indelible image in the surfing world.

While recovering, he pursued his interest in filmmaking and soon became a surf film director, photographer, producer and score composer. His most recent film “The September Sessions†won The Surfer Magazine Poll award for best film of the year.

One day G. Love was introduced to Jack for a day of surfing and ended up recording Jack’s song “Rodeo Clowns†for his last album Philadelphonic. It became the first single from the album and Jack sang and played on the track.

JP Plunier produced Brushfire Fairytales. He has produced all of Ben Harper’s albums. Harper played on Brushfire Fairytales as well as Tommy Jordan from Geggy Tah and Merlo from Spain. Adam Topol played drums. The album was recorded in Los Angeles in the summer of 2000 at Grandmaster Recorders and mixed at King Sound.

Jack will begin touring with Adam and Merlo in February in support of Ben Harper and The Innocent Criminals.

Brushfire Fairytales is the first release for the newly formed Enjoy-records. For more information check our web-sites.

buy it...Click here

Present :D (After-party at my place... 2 seconds away!)

Funk here from Manny's BBQ...

Sweeping the floors

Open up the doors

Turn on the lights

Gettin ready for tonight

Nobody's romancing

'Cause it's too early for dancing

But here comes the music

You're on Vaughanz!

OH WOW!!! Thanks for the link Funk...I love it!!!

You got, call me so we can hook up for the show, lots of nice poeple going... :)

Funk..

ps. Funk reporting from Manny's BBQ: Doug is throwing it down nastier....the end of his set approaches so he doesn't give a fuck no' more (As Lamont White would say) Lights go up and lights go down, I wrote this absolutely in the dark....bitch!!!

:spin: