Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Movin to philly in Aug............

nSyNcBaBy

Hey whats up? Where are you from now? manuyunk is a nice place to live. old city is pretty neat too. Hit me up whenevr you have questions about philly. I hope everything works out for ya. If you want someone to show you around I will. :beer:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
wen i wuz visiting penn university 3 years ago that area surrounding it didnt seem to good

yea it can be a little shady off drexel and Penn's campuses...if you live on campus it isn't bad but if u graduated you aren't going to want to live there.

I would recomend olde city or rittenhouse, manyunk is nice to.

I could tell you what bars to go to but it depends on what you like.....

btw what are you moving to philly for??

it all depends on whats in your budget!! let me know your price range and i can help you out! theres nice places for cheap in northeast philly (10mins out of the city) i have a place opening in old city on the 29th called DREEMZ!!! be sure to check it out! pm me for private invites!!! ive been in philly for years.. i can def help!

as mentioned above, center city will probably be the most convenient esp. if you don't have a car. a lot of people may complain about the buses, but they aren't that bad compared to other cities. i lived around the south street area for nearly 10years and i'm completely glad i got out of there. although it's close to just about everything you'll ever need, the swarms of tourists and hoodrats make it unbearable to live. i currently live near the art museum which is a completely different atmosphere. it's mostly a residential area, mainly populated by families. it's still close enough to downtown that you don't feel like you're in the country, but it's just far enough to not be in the middle of all the chaos. old city, society hill, rittenhouse will be a tad more expensive than other areas since you'll mostly be paying for location. washington square, fitler square, more southern areas of queen village, are generally more affordable.

are you looking to buy or rent? there are craploads of condos being built in CC and you can get them for a pretty decent deal - and 10year tax abatement! ;)