Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MTV VMA's are BACK!!!!!

dgrutman

MTV is the most sought-after brand in the whole world (fact) whatever MTV plays responds to surveys and focus groups with kids from around the globe...kids don't want to watch videos alone anymore...MTV is for kids, capice?

:)

I dont know bro.. perhaps in the America's, Im not so sure in Europe?!?!.. AS for programming and music.. MTV Europe and Latin are 100000000000000x better then the sh*t they pley here... And Oh, there's this VIVA tv in Germany, perhaps the rest of europe as well, they have the dopest programs and party's .. besides thec rap, at least is quality compared to the Hip Hop and Pop crap that MTV feeds the americans.. leaving them ignorant from the rest of the quality artists besides the US..

and Oh.. on another note.. if we talk in economical impacts, this is great news for Miami.. just watch the Police scraping all the bums away, and throwing all their belongigs to the garbage.. as well cleaning Downtown Miami as this awards aproached... it was the first time I ever saw this happen... it was a sight that one morning !

Fuck the awards, lets just hit up the after parties, Im there, funk u with me, damnit Funk are u with me

I'll probably be working my ass off, last year I didn't sleep for almost 3 days...I was delirious at the end, but yes...lets hit some of the afterparties, we're expecting lots of good stuff happening around town...

:)

I dont know bro.. perhaps in the America's, Im not so sure in Europe?!?!.. AS for programming and music.. MTV Europe and Latin are 100000000000000x better then the sh*t they pley here... And Oh, there's this VIVA tv in Germany, perhaps the rest of europe as well, they have the dopest programs and party's .. besides thec rap, at least is quality compared to the Hip Hop and Pop crap that MTV feeds the americans.. leaving them ignorant from the rest of the quality artists besides the US..

:deal:

MTV doesn't make America ignorant, America makes America ignorant...don't blame the cultural state of the nation on a music video & entertainment channel, how about schools and parents? The stations play what the people want, people want hip hop...you ask yourself why? hip hop artists are smarter than rock artist, more business driven, more dedicated and the outcome of the equation is what you see reflected on our youth...you have some suburbian kid whose dad drives a lexus and mom takes gardening classes talking like he was from the ghettoest of the ghettos...reprezent yo! and that's why MTV plays hip hop...I could be wrong...right! ;)

As far as Germany goes...all I know is they are a bunch of sports car driving, sausage eating, beer drinking horny sons of bitches.

:biggrin:

:deal:

MTV doesn't make America ignorant, America makes America ignorant...don't blame the cultural state of the nation on a music video & entertainment channel, how about schools and parents? The stations play what the people want, people want hip hop...you ask yourself why? hip hop artists are smarter than rock artist, more business driven, more dedicated and the outcome of the equation is what you see reflected on our youth...you have some suburbian kid whose dad drives a lexus and mom takes gardening classes talking like he was from the ghettoest of the ghettos...reprezent yo! and that's why MTV plays hip hop...I could be wrong...right! ;)

As far as Germany goes...all I know is they are a bunch of sports car driving, sausage eating, beer drinking horny sons of bitches.

:biggrin:

I take it your right to some extent.. I thought MTV was powerful enough to bring artists from abraod and such.. and expose them, as well the music.. thought that ppl are driven from what they are fed, not what the ppl feeds the Music Channels.. but HEY... from what I read you work for them, and you would know more then me eitherway... so I wont go against you.. but one thing I gotta say again.. MTV europe and MTV in South America are hell a lot better then MTV here.. they could experiment some here and there ;-)

I take it your right to some extent.. I thought MTV was powerful enough to bring artists from abraod and such.. and expose them, as well the music.. thought that ppl are driven from what they are fed, not what the ppl feeds the Music Channels.. but HEY... from what I read you work for them, and you would know more then me eitherway... so I wont go against you.. but one thing I gotta say again.. MTV europe and MTV in South America are hell a lot better then MTV here.. they could experiment some here and there ;-)

Nope, I'm a cook at the Delano, pass by some time, I'll make you some killer gnoquis! :)

I wanna goooo! last year I wanted to go too but well, I didn't have $450 + lying around to pay for a ticket and no one i know will pay that money for any kind of concert or whatever, they'd rather go on vacation.... I WANNA GOOOOOOO.

yes, im a pop music bitch, so sue me

You are absolutely right. Do you remember the US had another popular Music Video Channel called The Box? :) It was based out of Miami no less, and gained a lot of popularity all throughout the 90s. Finally MTV got so scared they just bought them out!

Do you know what MTV stands for? Music Television. Simple concept which made MTV great in the 80s and 90s. The Box launched with a similar approach, but took the idea of "Dial MTV" (the daily countdown show) to the extremes. The Box eliminated the spotlight on the VJs, was more open musically to Hip Hop and Dance, and gave its viewers the chance to request their favorite tunes 24/7.

What's MTV done? They moved the concept of playing music videos to MTV 2, which a lot of basic cable systems don't include, and decided to focus on the biggest bunch of cultural crap on TV, outside of maybe the Cooking Channel.

MTV Europe is great, highly music-based most of the time, and has split services for countries like Italy, France, Germany, and Russia.

Most European countries are also lucky to be able to receive several other great video channels, like Hit Channel in Italy, The Music Factory in Holland and Belgium, MCM in France, The Box in the UK, and of course Viva in Germany.

You can actually watch channels like Viva live on the net:

http://www.viva.tv/

Here's a direct link to the live webcast of Viva out of Germany with Real Player (just copy and paste into your Real Player):

(350 K webcast) rtsp://rd01.t-bn.de/live/viva/viva1tv_live_adsl.rm

America needs another channel like The Box, or perhaps MuchMusic out of Canada. MuchMusic had a lot of non music shows even before MTV, but they're still a music-based channel.

PS Spanish-speaking America has a good MTV as well, as does Brazil (you haven't heard it all, until you hear a Portugese remake of "Love Bites" by Def Leppard, LOL yes it exists). Asia and Australia both have their own MTVs, as well as competing channels like Channel V.