Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jonathan Peters will be spinning at surf club this summer

please, it called an opinion, hate when people say, aw, u can't say anything negative but only good things.......

there's saying you're not a fan of a dj... but then there's putting a dj down... you know what im saying??? there's a little difference.. no?? if you dont realize the difference then i dont know what to say.. ??

there's saying you're not a fan of a dj... but then there's putting a dj down... you know what im saying??? there's a little difference.. no?? if you dont realize the difference then i dont know what to say.. ??

I could be wrong but I think that you are sticking up for me in you own little way. If I am right than thank you and much respect to you.

If I am wrong and you are not, then so be it.

I am not in any way ripping on other local DJ's, My comment was stated about a DJ that is larger than local who I happen to not be fond of.

I guess I opened up a can of worms to all the JP followers in the NY/NJ area.

I have all the respect in the world to any unknown local DJ that is trying to make it happen for themself.

So please don't get it twisted.

it's not twisted.. i just find it funny that with JP.. people have to go out of their way to say how much they dont like him... you dont get that with other djs... like just say carl cox is coming to town and you arent a fan of cc... you probably wouldnt have responded to this thread... but with jp people have to throw their 2 cents in.. like "oh i guess i wont be going that night hahahah" im not even a diehard jp fan or anywhere even close so im not gonna defend him or anything... but he's a decent dj and more appealing because he is local.. as a bedroom dj myself im not gonna go out of my way and be like "haha guess i wont be going there THAT night" when someone i dont like comes into town... im just not gonna respond... make sense??

and for the jp night if no other dj that i really care for is in town ill probably head down.. i always wanted to check out surf cluba nd jp i a decent dj so why not??

as a dj in the ny/nj area you shouldnt be ripping on other local djs man.. thats just not cool...

QUOTE]

please, it called an opinion, hate when people say, aw, u can't say anything negative but only good things.......

well, ain't that the kettle calling the pot black

it's not twisted.. i just find it funny that with JP.. people have to go out of their way to say how much they dont like him... you dont get that with other djs... like just say carl cox is coming to town and you arent a fan of cc... you probably wouldnt have responded to this thread... but with jp people have to throw their 2 cents in.. like "oh i guess i wont be going that night hahahah" im not even a diehard jp fan or anywhere even close so im not gonna defend him or anything... but he's a decent dj and more appealing because he is local.. as a bedroom dj myself im not gonna go out of my way and be like "haha guess i wont be going there THAT night" when someone i dont like comes into town... im just not gonna respond... make sense??

and for the jp night if no other dj that i really care for is in town ill probably head down.. i always wanted to check out surf cluba nd jp i a decent dj so why not??

I fully agree with you. The reason why JP brings out all the comments is simple. A lot, not all, of the NJ / NY club crowd have put him on an untouchable pedistal, I think he doesn't need to be on IMO. Most of them have not ever experienced anything else, because they don't want to. I have always given any DJ at least two sets before I form an opinion about them. I have heard hundreds of DJ's in my lifetime, and most of them you won't hear shit about.

I know too many as you put it "Local DJ's" that make more money overseas and won't waste thier time spinning here, and they get more respect from people who "Get the Joke"

Why is that?

JP made a name for himself in NYC because of Sound Factory, no other reason. He is not the best, he is just what people were exposed to at a time when SF was the "Place To Be". Most of the people that went to SF only went there because of that not because they were true EDM lovers.

Those are my thoughts, and the reason why I said what I said.

I fully agree with you. The reason why JP brings out all the comments is simple. A lot, not all, of the NJ / NY club crowd have put him on an untouchable pedistal, I think he doesn't need to be on IMO. Most of them have not ever experienced anything else, because they don't want to. I have always given any DJ at least two sets before I form an opinion about them. I have heard hundreds of DJ's in my lifetime, and most of them you won't hear shit about.

I know too many as you put it "Local DJ's" that make more money overseas and won't waste thier time spinning here, and they get more respect from people who "Get the Joke"

Why is that?

JP made a name for himself in NYC because of Sound Factory, no other reason. He is not the best, he is just what people were exposed to at a time when SF was the "Place To Be". Most of the people that went to SF only went there because of that not because they were true EDM lovers.

i only went to sf a few times and the few times i went i wasnt even into jp's music.. i hated vocals then and i still do now, but the past year at spirit he has had some great sets and created a lot of good memories.. while his track election isnt always in my tastes, because he can be hit or miss, he is a decent dj.. his mixing skills are great and i like the turntablist element he adds to his sets which i dont see many other dj's doing with just 2 tables, cd tables and a mixer... with sf he happened to be in the right city, at the right club at the right time.. that i can give you. i have seen hundreds of dj's myself.. but as an edm lover i give the guy respect.. he has the ability to throw it down.. he's done it before... and i wish he did it everytime i saw him... the difference between great dj's and decent dj's is their ability to deliver a quality set everytime they spin... with jp you dont get that consistency like you get with sasha, pvd, coxy etc. etc.

but here's somethign else to think about... what about junior??? junior catered to the gay crowd... im pretty certain all the kids that were at his events were not ALL into edm... i bet a lot of kids went just becaue it was a gay night..

yeah jp has a lot of fans just becaue of the club he spun at and that's all those kids were exposed to because thats the only place their crew went to party, but you have to realize that he does have regular fans out there... i was never into him until spirit.. i was hearing funkier house, tech-house i was able to get into... i wasnt hearing any vocals and i guess i kinda became a fan... im not one of these fanatics or anything but if i have nothing else going on on a saurday night i think jp is a good choice.. he's played some good shit in the past few months ive been able to get into thomas bangalter, sucker djs, harlem hustlers etc. etc... so on that note... im going to bed.. btw this wasnt a bashing or anything and i wasnt starting beef..

i only went to sf a few times and the few times i went i wasnt even into jp's music.. i hated vocals then and i still do now, but the past year at spirit he has had some great sets and created a lot of good memories.. while his track election isnt always in my tastes, because he can be hit or miss, he is a decent dj.. his mixing skills are great and i like the turntablist element he adds to his sets which i dont see many other dj's doing with just 2 tables, cd tables and a mixer... with sf he happened to be in the right city, at the right club at the right time.. that i can give you. i have seen hundreds of dj's myself.. but as an edm lover i give the guy respect.. he has the ability to throw it down.. he's done it before... and i wish he did it everytime i saw him... the difference between great dj's and decent dj's is their ability to deliver a quality set everytime they spin... with jp you dont get that consistency like you get with sasha, pvd, coxy etc. etc.

but here's somethign else to think about... what about junior??? junior catered to the gay crowd... im pretty certain all the kids that were at his events were not ALL into edm... i bet a lot of kids went just becaue it was a gay night..

yeah jp has a lot of fans just becaue of the club he spun at and that's all those kids were exposed to because thats the only place their crew went to party, but you have to realize that he does have regular fans out there... i was never into him until spirit.. i was hearing funkier house, tech-house i was able to get into... i wasnt hearing any vocals and i guess i kinda became a fan... im not one of these fanatics or anything but if i have nothing else going on on a saurday night i think jp is a good choice.. he's played some good shit in the past few months ive been able to get into thomas bangalter, sucker djs, harlem hustlers etc. etc... so on that note... im going to bed.. btw this wasnt a bashing or anything and i wasnt starting beef..

I agree with that assessment completely. Over the past year or so, JP has improved a lot as a DJ. I don't know if getting booted from SF lit a fire under him, or all those 20 hour marathon sets were killing him, but he was pretty consistently on at Spirit. He had a shit crowd for sure, but musically every time I went, I comae away thinking that he dropped a good set. If you notice, there are a lot of DJ's that are adapting (copying?) JP's "big room" style :cough: Eric Morillo? Even DT?

I

so you can say the same about denny because of temps!

I agree with that assessment completely. Over the past year or so, JP has improved a lot as a DJ. I don't know if getting booted from SF lit a fire under him, or all those 20 hour marathon sets were killing him, but he was pretty consistently on at Spirit. He had a shit crowd for sure, but musically every time I went, I comae away thinking that he dropped a good set. If you notice, there are a lot of DJ's that are adapting (copying?) JP's "big room" style :cough: Eric Morillo? Even DT?

I really don't want to start this over again, but I must comment on this. All the DJ's you mentioned have to play that way in NYC, because the crowd won't like it if they don't. If any of you were at Crobar the night Junior Jack & Kid Creme played, the crowd looked at them like they were crazy because they didn't play that pounding "Big Room" sound. The only people that enjoyed themselves, were True House Heads. There was a time that you didn't have to play like that and people would flock to the club and have a great time.

Danny's parties were always packed and he wasn't playing "Big Room" sound records. The crowd has changed and the DJ's have catered to it. Listen to any of them outside NYC and you will be suprised what and how they play.

Man this board is a riot. A bunch of know it alls and bedroom DJs. I probably should change my name to DJ bmw4jay. :laugh: Spare me your responses people, especially you djmadness. JP will rock surf club and those who know know!

Werd up Jay, this tread is by far the most rediculous argument I have ever read, has this board come to this????

Plain and simple, if this is true, JP will tear up Surf the same way he tour up Merge...and the haters will hate, and his fans will appreciate. Enough said

1) May 1st??? opening night? i doubt it but it would be agreat tactict to bring in a crowd, havent had a good opening party since '02 (IMHO)

2) Residency? yeah, I hear Junior has a NJ resiency as well :laugh:

3) 12 am closing...its that bad huh? so if that's tru, when does JP go on? 7pm? that would be hot, put the speakers on the deck and have a beach party ....HOLLAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

4) I think the point Madness was tryin to make was "why should I see JP at a NJ joint when I wouldnt even go to see him in NYC" Well, if you're JP fan, u'ld go hear him at Meadowlands Convention Center, and that is who this thread was intended for.

5) All my friends and I luv Madness's CD...doesnt mean he comes close to anyone LIVE...and besides Madness has a totally different style, cant even compare the two, so the argument is complete and utter nonsense.

OLDTIMER - Gel up those spikes son and get ready to rippppppppp ittttttt sickkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Werd up Jay, this tread is by far the most rediculous argument I have ever read, has this board come to this????

Plain and simple, if this is true, JP will tear up Surf the same way he tour up Merge...and the haters will hate, and his fans will appreciate. Enough said

1) May 1st??? opening night? i doubt it but it would be agreat tactict to bring in a crowd, havent had a good opening party since '02 (IMHO)

2) Residency? yeah, I hear Junior has a NJ resiency as well :laugh:

3) 12 am closing...its that bad huh? so if that's tru, when does JP go on? 7pm? that would be hot, put the speakers on the deck and have a beach party ....HOLLAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

4) I think the point Madness was tryin to make was "why should I see JP at a NJ joint when I wouldnt even go to see him in NYC" Well, if you're JP fan, u'ld go hear him at Meadowlands Convention Center, and that is who this thread was intended for.

5) All my friends and I luv Madness's CD...doesnt mean he comes close to anyone LIVE...and besides Madness has a totally different style, cant even compare the two, so the argument is complete and utter nonsense.

OLDTIMER - Gel up those spikes son and get ready to rippppppppp ittttttt sickkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Glad you like the CD that much, I am even better live.

I better not ever try to say anything in a JP post again. Cause apparently you can't have an opinon in this thread.

I agree with the point that if you are a fan you will go hear someone play in a closet if it came down to it.

That is what being a true fan is.

\

I better not ever try to say anything in a JP post again. Cause apparently you can't have an opinon in this thread.

QUOTE]

doesnt matter if the thread was about JP, DT, morillo, Sanchez, Hernan, RAuhofer or whoever. Your opinion just seems worthless when here you are a " DJ" calling out other DJs who are in a totally different leauge then you. I mean yeh you may not like someones style, but it doesnt mean you shouldnt have some respect for them or the people who like them

hey ya doiNNNN!!

madness do you have any sets on the internet... ive seen you post your fav songs of the moment or whatever the fuck those threads are alled nd i liked abunch of them... send me a link.. or a file @ lesmcnall@aol.com