Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom of the day - 4/26/05

weyes

while optimism can be a helpful tool in one's arsenal, one should trust one's instincts when it comes to a potentially terrible event :worry: . for instance, if one has the choice between hanging out with a friend and someone whom one hates, one ought to turn down the date and see the friend one actually likes better by his/herself at a later date.

tune in tomorrow.

the main idea is to trust oneself and not be naive when it comes to what seem like truly unpleasant situations. for instance, here's the situation:

you're going to be hanging out with a friend, but another person has been invited, and that person has the potential of making the whole event terrible for you, and maybe even everyone.

you can either be naively optimistic and say to yourself,

"i'll go and try to be as civil as possible. i could have an ok time, if i try really, really hard."

or you can trust what your inner self says and admit,

"this has a real potential for disaster. perhaps i should just stay away and not court this danger, for everyone's sake."

it's not giving up, it's not necessarily avoiding the problem, it's just admitting that this is not the time or the place to deal with whatever may be wrong. trust yourself for this time; there's always tomorrow.

was that helpful at all, vic :worry: ?