Clubplanet Nightlife Community

scumfrog review!!!!!!!!!!!!!

weyes

it was a weird night --- that's the best adjective. strange, but good. the crowd was the main reason for that, but if i go into that, this will be a VERY long post, and it's long enough! let's just say it was sketchy out there :shaky: ...

we got there @ 10:30 and it was still pretty empty, but the crowd that WAS on the dancefloor was going nuts over cody lee. he was playing some song that sampled christopher walken's saturday night live skit involving the cowbell inbetween lots of cowbell banging and people were digging that. he later got lost in a world of breaks/video game sounds, though, and that's when my roomie and i decided to chat with some friends outside, even though it was way too cold.

we caught the scumfrog just as he was going on, but we were bummed he didn't throw out any of his usual cheesy lines, like, "are you ready to get scummy???" it turned out a little later that his mic wasn't working that well, but he had a good sense of humor about it.

i really wanted to hear my favorite song, "bacon," in which he babbles on, saying things like, "how do you like your baconnnnn?" but no such luck. his set was kind of on and off, not his best. but i did find out that he's not the ugly mofo i thought he was; he's just not so good-looking from far away. up close, he's actually cute. i'm also swayed by who a person is, though, so amazing, yet average-looking people are always hotter than better-looking assholes. it's true - jerks are ALWAYS ugly to me, no matter what they look like.

anyway, my roomie and i were hanging out by the dj booth towards the end of the scumfrog's set, catching our breath, and my roommate tapped the s.f. on the shoulder as he was stepping down. "we heard all about your bacon," my roomie said.

the s.f. gave us a laugh, my roommate a hand shake, and said to me, "bless you," before kissing me on the cheek :kiss2: ! ok, so it wasn't on the lips, so i shouldn't be all that excited, but it wasn't one of those cheek-to-cheek-kiss-sound kisses that one usually gets from strangers. it made my month :spin2: .

m.i.k.e. was next and he bored the hell outta me. the dancefloor had gotten all sloppy, so it was time to go home. half-decent opening dj, mostly solid scumfrog, disappointing closer, but, all in all, a good night :D .

I love scumfrog.. he's unique, pumpy and always gets people shakin their asses on the dance floor... mad props!!
so true. he does literally play ass-shakin' music. my hips always love a workout ;) .