Clubplanet Nightlife Community

hey all, question about "perfecto presents another world"

ok, now for the longest time i've always figured that the oakenfold cd's that i have are all a bunch of songs that oakey liked and decided to remix by adding beats, changing layers, and whatever producers do when they re-do a song. but what i'm hearing now is that another world is just a compilation album meaning that the only way he "remixed" it was by giving the songs a certain order which is found on the album.

so instead of these tracks being credited to oakey for being good, they should be being credited to the original artist who is listed in the credits.

please someone tell me that i'm wrong and that oakenfold is really putting his musical tallent into these songs and not just taking someone else's song and passing it off as his own by chosing to put it on his album!

------------------

twilo is my drug

I think that article will answer your question, Oakie himself talks about his new album:

According to Oakenfold, "Perfecto Presents Another World" is the result of nearly a year of planning and recording. It intertwines movie soundtrack clips, original dialogue, and exclusive remixes.

"It's a musical journey that hopefully takes people places that they've never been and makes them feel things they've never felt before," explains Oakenfold.

The end result is a unique, beat-savvy soundscape. The experimental layering of a wide array of electronic sounds and wavering beats, combined effortlessly with sporadic vocals and mood-altering tempo changes, creates a comprehensive exploration of house, trance, techno, and other musical styles.

Tone Depth's "Majestic," Timo Maas' "Ubik," Salt Tank's "Eugina," Ralph Fridge's "Paradise," and Highland's "No Way Out" are some of the set's highlights.

"It's not just tracks mixed together," explains Oakenfold. "I really wanted to do something that represents me, not just as a mix album, but something more original with a little more depth."