Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Whats the Difference on what kind of MIC you have?

gmanz73

What kind of MIC do you have?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of MIC do you have?

• Sure
    • MXL
    • Sennheiser
    • AKG
    • Behringer
    • Nady
    • Peavey
    • Audio-Technica

• 4 weeks later...

condenser mics have a much thinner diaphragm, which makes it more sensitive than a dynamic mic. they capture more detail , which is good for vocals . what you need to remember when buying a mic is what you need it for. The larger the diaphragm, the less efficient it becomes at reproducing high frequencies. im sure though that you just need a mic to talk through.....so a decent Sure Dynamic Mic would do the trick. A condenser is going to be more expensive and i would think a little more delicate. A Dynamic mic can hold up to rougher treatment and can take higher sound pressure levels.

hey its me again i already brought my headphones and now i want to buy a mic the last item on my checklist. Whats the difference between a condenser mic and a dynamic mic? which kind do u use? :type:

What is this mic for? mastering vocals for a track or announcing the garter toss will be in 5 minutes???

Condenser's need phantom power. If you dont know what that is, you dont need a condenser so buy a dynamic.