Clubplanet Nightlife Community

THESE People DO not know where DJing came from!!LOL

for the record: "Between 1970 and 1973 Nicky Siano - along with Michael Cappello, Steve D'Acquisto, Don Fendley, Francis Grasso, Bobby "DJ" Guttadaro, Richie Kaczor, David Mancuso, David Rodriguez and Ray Yeates - pioneered the art of DJing. This group of insomniac music fanatics gave birth to disco and Siano, who took both the art of DJing and the being of DJing to a new level of intensity, was its standout spinner."

from here.

yo rage been reading your post on rhythmism and seems like you only got half the story correct. Dont wanna waste time arguing with you cause it seems like you only talk bout kool herc and 1971, while yes that is the beggging of hip hop culture THAT should not be disputed. But it is not the begging of the djing culture nor the house side of the culture. The beggings go back to the 60s with dj like francis grasso, steve dcquisto, david mancuso, doin so many innovation and creations, while simutaniously up in the bronx kool herc was doin his thing with the same records that were already beeing used in the 60s by the above djs name. While he may have done it for hip hop culture he was behind a few yrs from other pioneers.

yo rage been reading your post on rhythmism and seems like you only got half the story correct. Dont wanna waste time arguing with you cause it seems like you only talk bout kool herc and 1971, while yes that is the beggging of hip hop culture THAT should not be disputed. But it is not the begging of the djing culture nor the house side of the culture. The beggings go back to the 60s with dj like francis grasso, steve dcquisto, david mancuso, doin so many innovation and creations, while simutaniously up in the bronx kool herc was doin his thing with the same records that were already beeing used in the 60s by the above djs name. While he may have done it for hip hop culture he was behind a few yrs from other pioneers.

Plus, people tend to discover/invent things at the same time (even if they never heard of each others work), so sometimes credit should be given to more than one person.

I wanted to start an intelligent debate and get to the bottom of all this

Silverbull

One question I have for you is... As far as the people you mentioned... were any of them blending records live to put on a show and reacting to an audience?

Or were they sitting in a radio studio developing clever segways...

I mean... Blending music is blending music... That is more in the arena of music engeneering... and can be traced far beyond the 60's

The point I am trying to make about Kool Herc is that he gave birth to DJing as a live artform... where someone was reacting to a live audience while putting on vinyl records on two turntables... not just following a program or a play list

I am still going to look into all the people you mentioned..

But if you clarify that particular point for me I would appreciate it... :)

Credit should never be given to one person but credit should not be taken away either

the djs i mentioned were NEVER radio djs im talking bout clubs to audiences people who paid to go see them play there records and dance to the music they would select. While there was some discotheques in the late 50 early 60's it wasnt until FRANCIS GRASSO came on the scene and started mixing records in the club he was at and discovering new techniques which to mix them in. He would read the GROOVES of the records back then. Its pretty simple just read LAST NIGHT A DJ SAVED MY LIFE, and LOVE SAVES THE DAY. If anything just remember kool herc in the 1971 was playing the same records that FRANCIS was and DAVID mancuso. So it is possible that things were happening at the same time but appealing to other people thru other ways.

Now if you really wanna talk to people who were living thru all this and are still partying to this day and now people personally i suggest you bring up your question to DEEPHOUSEPAGE.COM cause those are serious people who have been partying since the 60s and are still going. Youd be suprise how many legenday dj and promoters both hip hop and house are on that page as well.