Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sasha's Essential Mix

i too a while back was opposed to using CD's......but when u see what u can do with the CDJs in regards to on the fly loops, extra tools ect. ect. its def. not a tool that should be put to the side. I give sasha props for diving into this new technology head first. Def. giving new life the DJing and making it even more of a performance now. I bought ableton recently and im slowly dabbling into it. i just cant afford a $10K custom made MIDI controller :laugh:

I saw the spces for the thing online, its sick!! Oh im not puttin the guy down, at all.

i think cds have their place too, but it's funny how some djs tend to use the looping for the sake of just using it, and overdoing it. it's good to use for some effects, but don't loop shit like 6 times in a set just cause you can.

i've even seen morillo get caught with this, it's like take it easy with the looping, there's the rest of the track to get to too.

i too a while back was opposed to using CD's......but when u see what u can do with the CDJs in regards to on the fly loops, extra tools ect. ect. its def. not a tool that should be put to the side. I give sasha props for diving into this new technology head first. Def. giving new life the DJing and making it even more of a performance now. I bought ableton recently and im slowly dabbling into it. i just cant afford a $10K custom made MIDI controller :laugh:

i think cds have their place too, but it's funny how some djs tend to use the looping for the sake of just using it, and overdoing it. it's good to use for some effects, but don't loop shit like 6 times in a set just cause you can.

i've even seen morillo get caught with this, it's like take it easy with the looping, there's the rest of the track to get to too.

this is true...def. dont want to overloop. i never do anyway, keeps the crowd from hearing the meat in the track :type:

Guest onisakura

A lot of people also use cd beacuse of their portability for long sets. Someone that i really look up to and love to watch spin is Stryke who uses Final Scratch almost exclusively. It gives him the widest possible range of music when he does a 10 hour set at Nocturnal now....and yet he doesn't have to cart around a million record bags. This CD/vinyl thing is subject to all kinds of biased opinions based on different circumstances.

Back to the topic at hand.....i have quite a few essential mixes from different djs and it seems to me that these mixes aren't geared to clubs in the least. I love them because i tend to hear a different sound from what they normally play in a club or even on their own cds. Personally, Sasha has bored me to tears live. He goes off on tangents and either Digweed or James Zabiela has had to bring the crowd back up. Yet i LOVE Involver and Airdrawndagger. Go figure.......

Guest onisakura
Is this even house music? dont mean to disrespect sasha, but if i heard this at a club i would want to shoot myself.. :gang:

No bass, no energy, :ghey:

Its been said several times, this isn't really a mix for a club.

Personally, Sasha has bored me to tears live. He goes off on tangents and either Digweed or James Zabiela has had to bring the crowd back up. Yet i LOVE Involver and Airdrawndagger. Go figure.......

And I think that is what surprised me about the mix. I listened to it whilst at work for some background music whilst playing with spreadsheets and was pleasantly surprised. As you say, definitely not a club mix.

Guest onisakura
And I think that is what surprised me about the mix. I listened to it whilst at work for some background music whilst playing with spreadsheets and was pleasantly surprised. As you say, definitely not a club mix.

I have a TON of mixes for the office. Another great one is Zabielas Blue Room mix 12/7/2002 and one of the Digweed/Zabiela Kiss 100 mixes, i cant remember what date.

I also have Gatecrasher Karma to play in the background. Now that im used to it, i can't handle working in silence.