Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn professional office people..... Question

how r your computers setup? can u have popup ups or do u have popup blockers? Reason why i'm asking is because i want u people to be able to enjoy the house music on my site, so i'm thinking u should be able to listen if i stream the file, without u guys having to download..do u think it will work or no?... thanks............ any suggestions fire away.

anyway around this?? sorry i'm computer clueless.... just maybe have a button that u hit and the music starts? now it opens up into a window......

There are ways around this but it can be a little complex. Using a tunneling protocol i.e. SSH

What I do when I go to a client that has everything locked down is to use this setup which pretty much routes all ports through 22, which is secure.

But for the guy with the website, Im not an expert in streaming software, but you will need to figure out the ports that you are broadcasting on.

Also check out the documentation for the software that you are using to stream. Do a seach on "secure ports" or "changing ports".

As far as pop-ups, this can usually be disabled in IE through the tools, internet options menu.

Hope this helps