Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Richie Hawtin @ Avalon, Fri 6/3

Gonna be sick, but i think hawtins gonna be a bitch and not drop the 808

The music tonight was good, but not what i expected outta hawtin. No real hard techno, 909 decks and efx ... :splat:

But it was great meeting a few CP'ers .. glowgirl, jesse, ibrandon .. always a good time.

lol mike.,. you just got back from Detroit, where techno lives.,. welcome back to new york city, where we move via subways, taxis, and house music.,. there were a lot of spots where richie got pretty fucking techy last night, another few times he got pretty fuckin house.,. but whatever, thats richie for you, straight up and down.,. still thought he was great.,.

i guess im just extremely picky, but i didnt find anything all that great about his set or christians to be honest. I did have fun though and the beats where good enough but i've heard him do way better, both of them.

I did dig the 2nd to last track hawtin threw down.

i didnt get there til about 3:30, so i missed mr. smiths set, but i thought richie was on point as usual.,. glad i wasnt there for the begining of his set cos he usuallys tarts off slow, but by the time i got there he was totally on it., i've seen him a lot mellower, and quite frankly, worse.,. there was one point where his record started to skip, and another mix that was less-than perfect, but he was spinning mostly vinyl (which is quite unusual for him) and i must say he did not disappoint me in any which way.,. dispite a nasty hangover, he had me on the floor dancing almost the whole time, and VERY RARELY do i whip out the macarena but i did that nite

i didnt get there til about 3:30, so i missed mr. smiths set, but i thought richie was on point as usual.,. glad i wasnt there for the begining of his set cos he usuallys tarts off slow, but by the time i got there he was totally on it., i've seen him a lot mellower, and quite frankly, worse.,. there was one point where his record started to skip, and another mix that was less-than perfect, but he was spinning mostly vinyl (which is quite unusual for him) and i must say he did not disappoint me in any which way.,. dispite a nasty hangover, he had me on the floor dancing almost the whole time, and VERY RARELY do i whip out the macarena but i did that nite

jess! :) hahah you crazy girl i miss you!!