Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I'm about to give my 2 week notice and I'm scared

I'm planning on doing the same myself soon. I feel for ya, bud. Scary as hell. Hope you've got something lined up already, I'm terrified to move forward on the two weeks thing until I do.

Heh, anyone hiring? ;-)

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image."

fuck em. in five years, if the economy changes, they might feel a bit bad about it, but theyd do what theyd have to do-- which might include laying off your ass.

business is not meant to be taken personally. do what ya gotta do for urself, my friend.

------------------

i love music!

Originally posted by ooana:

I'm planning on doing the same myself soon. I feel for ya, bud. Scary as hell. Hope you've got something lined up already, I'm terrified to move forward on the two weeks thing until I do.

Heh, anyone hiring? ;-)

-Oo

Oh, I got something lined up alright.

I know its scary, but fuck it when u gotta go , u gotta go. Thats what i did at my last job, I was getting tired of that place, and yes i was scared to give in my two week notice, but at the same time i didnt give a shit, cause i hated the place so bad. And i feel so much better that i left that damn place.

------------------

aim: amafrk1

amafrk1@yahoo.com

Companies are growing and the economy appears to be flourishing. However if/when the times change, and they will.... Layoffs will occur and they would get rid of you, if they needed too. Loyalty in the workplace is gone. Take care of #1.

I left my last place about a year ago and it was one of the best things I ever did for me.

Good luck!

It's true, your employment isn't based on loyalty or tenure, it's based on what you can do for them...at the same time, you should be learning everything you can from your current company & then using it to advance your career...since you have something lined up, I'm sure you're making the right decision...good luck smile.gif

And if you talk to Ben, tell him hi! smile.gif from me.

------------------

=)

It depends on your industry, but I would say that these past few years (and the years ahead) are some of the most opportune times in history for the work force. There's a mad crush for skilled labor and the need just keeps on feeding itself.......

So if you feel bad about bailing on an employer, DON'T! In the end, a job is as much about YOU as it is your employer, if not more. If you're leaving your job, it must be for a significant reason...... it's all good and well for your employer to talk about promotions, but maybe its too late for that. Or maybe it was never about how much $$ / responsibility / prestige / opportunity for advancement anyway..... maybe you're leaving for personal reasons.

So whatevah.... don't feel bad, because yer doing the right thing for YOU. That supercedes the interests of the company 99.9% of the time.......

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."