Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WOW---Fabric 22!

DETROIT

ADAM BEYER!!!!!!!!!

In the mid-nineties, a clutch of Swedish producers burst onto the techno scene. They forged crunching rhythms and firing ‘DJ-tools’, drawing influence from industrial bands as much as Detroit’s golden era. At the movement’s forefront was a producer set to become synonymous with his style, and one of the most in-demand DJs of the time; Adam Beyer. During the near decade since he emerged, Adam founded four record labels – Drum Code, Code Red, Truesoul and Mad Eye – and remixed Underworld, Luke Slater and Carl Cox amongst others. His popularity with promoters has never waned and in 2002, his artist album, Ignition Key, found widespread acclaim. ‘Fabric 22’ shows an intriguing artist, always keen to progress his music and avoid stagnation, in fine form.

“I’m just using a lot more software and the tempos are a bit slower, arrangements a bit more (I would say) complicated and forward thinking, rather than the old drummy loop thing, y’know? Looking back, I think it was really important that Joel [Mull] and Cari [Lekebusch] and I we were a group of people supporting one other. We never had any bitching or dissing between producers in Sweden, it’s always been like a community helping each other and pushing each other. And I think that’s one of the main keys for us and for our success.†– Adam Beyer

‘Fabric 22’ blends the best in Swedish techno talent – Joel Mull, Cari Lekebusch and Adam himself – with internationally acclaimed artists like Steve Rachmad, Reinhard Voigt and Josh Wink. The opening track – Wighnomy Brothers’ remix of Slam and Tyrone Palmer – captures the spirit of the mix perfectly: established names meeting the new and less known. Elsewhere, highlights include Ghostly International’s Osborne getting groovy, Mathew Jonson’s elegant rework of Heim, Tim Taylor’s warped Panic Voice, and the albums centrepiece, Adam’s own Snuff & Noise. Using subtle mixer effects, quick cuts and long blends, Adam brings us a stunning selection of the very best in European techno.

“I still love banging it out for two hours, but I also want to take it a bit further and do a lot longer sets of clubby stuff. I think it’s an identity thing as well; you grow older and so does your crowd. I want to play for people that are my age and people I can identify with. This is what I play at the beginning or end of a night. For me it’s the most progressive form of techno there is right now. I haven't changed my style, just broadened my horizons.†– Adam Beyer

Tracklisting

01 - Slam Ft Tyrone Palmer - This World [Wighnomy Brothers & Robag Wruhme Remix] - Soma Recordings

02 - DJ Minx - A Walk In The Park [Wink's Run Through The Park Interpretation] - Minus Inc

03 - Alex Under – Las Bicicletas Son Para El Verano - Traum Schallplatten/Trapez.

04 - The Gadgets – System [Alkaloid Docking Station Mix] - Elp

05 - Dominik Eulberg – Klangteppichverleger Wolle - Traum Schallplatten/Traum.

06 - Osborne – In Gear - Ghostly International/Spectral Sound.

07 - Adam Beyer – Snuff & Noise [Part 2] - Mad Eye Records 2005.

08 - Joel Mull – Persuaded - Inside Records 2004

09 - 2 Dollar Egg – Naxos - Nummer

10 - Adam Beyer – Snuff & Noise - Mad Eye Records

11 - Alex Long – Serton - Abyss Records

12 - Tony Rohr – Slowburn – Weave Music

13 - David Roiseux - Demented [sontec Remix] - Roiseux Music

14 - Hertz – Progress [subway Baby Remix] - Q-Records

15 - Tim Track - Panic Voice - Abyss Records

16 - Reinhard Voigt – Spice - Kompakt

17 - Sterac – Completed - N.E.W.S

18 - Cari Lekebusch – Motions Of Energy - Lekebuschmusic.se

19 - Adam Beyer & Jesper Dahlbäck – Redemption - Soma Recordings

20 - Hiem - She's the One [Circles in Time Remix] - Crosstown Rebel Music

:laugh:

If you wanna be a dick, then u should know that it's three people, not two

:laugh:

Correct.

Tiefschwarz was formed in 1996 by two brothers – Ali and Basti Schwarz – who have been successful DJs for over a decade. Peter Hoff, who runs the Benztown studios in Stuttgart, completes the Tiefschwarz production team.