Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sunset SESSIONS presents Sebastian! This Friday July 8th!

jamesstratus

Thanks to Alan, James and Sebastian for an amazing time with plenty of funky tunes. Met up with Raincry, The Phoenix and Philipio and chugged a few artificially flavored tropical poisoned beverages, inhaled smoke right from a truck's exhaust pipe, banged my head with a frying pan and rolled down the stairs two or three times with my hands tied behind my back, swang accross the safari bar hanging from an 18th century crystal chandelier and landed on top of a wedding cake...what a night!

Good to see Roly and a bunch of familiar faces, good times!!!!!!!! :pint:

cheers!

Funk~

:beer:

Thanks to Alan, James and Sebastian for an amazing time with plenty of funky tunes. Met up with Raincry, The Phoenix and Philipio and chugged a few artificially flavored tropical poisoned beverages, inhaled smoke right from a truck's exhaust pipe, banged my head with a frying pan and rolled down the stairs two or three times with my hands tied behind my back, swang accross the safari bar hanging from an 18th century crystal chandelier and landed on top of a wedding cake...what a night!

cheers!

Funk~

sorry about the frying pan....i didn't recognize you when you stopped by....

I asked Sebastian the following on Friday night: “so remind me again why you don’t have a residency right now?†because quite honestly, I can think of only three other dj’s in this town who have the turntable agility that he’s got (and I’m going to keep their names to myself). Anyway, every time I have come out to hear this guy spin, it’s just always been a treat to watch him give that DJM600 the workout of its life! I just sit there hearing him scratch in and out of records, blending funky and jacking house with obscure hip-hop gems and I realize how grateful I am that there are still a few djs left in this town that actually love what they do and do it for the love. The best part is that most of them have, or are scheduled to spin at the Sunset Sessions on Friday nights. And that, in itself, is reassuring for two reasons:

-The Chesterfield is a great place to start your Friday night

-There are still people in this town who believe in local underground talent and deliver consistently.

All that said, thanks to James, Alan and Sebastian for the quality tunes and sociable atmosphere. :D

I can think of only three other dj’s in this town who have the turntable agility that he’s got (and I’m going to keep their names to myself).

well that's a first....:grin3:

re: sebastian.....:bowdown:..:beer:

Great night, felt like a little oasis from the storm in there! Great seeing everyone as always, Funk, Phil, Raincry and crew, thank you all for your continued support!

And Phil I have two words for you, club politics. However, slowly but surely "we" are making inroads, I see it every weekend. Most of all, I'm happy that people see why, for the most part, we do this night week in and week out: belief in the local underground talent!

I asked Sebastian the following on Friday night: “so remind me again why you don’t have a residency right now?†because quite honestly, I can think of only three other dj’s in this town who have the turntable agility that he’s got (and I’m going to keep their names to myself). Anyway, every time I have come out to hear this guy spin, it’s just always been a treat to watch him give that DJM600 the workout of its life! I just sit there hearing him scratch in and out of records, blending funky and jacking house with obscure hip-hop gems and I realize how grateful I am that there are still a few djs left in this town that actually love what they do and do it for the love. The best part is that most of them have, or are scheduled to spin at the Sunset Sessions on Friday nights. And that, in itself, is reassuring for two reasons:

-There are still people in this town who believe in local underground talent and deliver consistently.

All that said, thanks to James, Alan and Sebastian for the quality tunes and sociable atmosphere. :D

:aright: Thanks Dude!! You DA man for comin out. I have to thank Alan & James for having me out so many times @ the Chesterfield. I love playing here and I'm honestly surprised this hasn't become a bigger party. It's a great little spot to get your night started, drinks are cheap and the music is top notch. We need to get more support from CP & CJ cause this party has a lot of potential. :rock:

cheers!

Funk~

You've been doing crazy shit since a kid. :D

_41290591_bishkekap.jpg

I'm pissed the weather didn't help last Friday. I was ready to check Sebastian for the 1st time. I only heard a promo he posted, and wasn't thrilled about it ... but I have read numerous times now that he indeed spins live quite differently.

Sebastian ... why don't you prepare a new mix ... the way you spin in the smaller venues? Would be a nice addition to lots of peeps who are still in the "dark" about your sound. And in any event, in all honesty, that SHOULD be your mark.

Next time you spin at a small venue I'll be there ... rain or shine. :cool:

I'm pissed the weather didn't help last Friday. I was ready to check Sebastian for the 1st time. I only heard a promo he posted, and wasn't thrilled about it ... but I have read numerous times now that he indeed spins live quite differently.

Sebastian ... why don't you prepare a new mix ... the way you spin in the smaller venues? Would be a nice addition to lots of peeps who are still in the "dark" about your sound. And in any event, in all honesty, that SHOULD be your mark.

Next time you spin at a small venue I'll be there ... rain or shine. :cool:

Maybe my latest mix might have been a little commercial for your tastes. I'm putting something together soon which you might dig a little more. I'll keep you posted. Appreciate your comments and I hope to see you out next time I play. :rock::aright: