Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Watches under 5k

I have a rolex sub mariner it has a blue face, diamonds and its gold and sliver. I will get rid of it at 3500 but we can talk price. I can get just about any watch I have an obsession with them and have a lot. If your looking for a watch people will notice and that will be an investment so to speak rolex is just about the only answer. If your looking for something that is nice but only few can appriciate there are many things in your price range that you can get and still make money or not lose money off of it. Jplayer521 is my screen name feel free to im me and we can chat

If your looking for a watch people will notice and that will be an investment so to speak rolex is just about the only answer.

so youre not a collector nor enthusiast you just by namebrands??? because rolex is shit in terms of quality the only thing thats worth anything is precious metal that its made of... the movements and the watch itself are crap.

did i say i just buy name brands. No i stated that a rolex everyone notices and that is more of the look at my brand watch. I do not wear a rolex but i do have several. Why? because they tend to hold there value very well. I am a collector and and i am an enthusiast. Brietling, Frank Muller, cartier, Patek All happen to be among my fav's and as an every day watch im usually in a cartier or a brietling and when i go out its frank muller. I happen to know watches very well and have a horrible obsession. the man asked for a watch under 5k it seemed as if he wanted a starter watch, something nice, something people would notice. I get more comments on my 2000 rolex then my 15,000 frank muller. That is why i seguested the rolex, they are in everyday terms very nice and very respectable watches.

i know from personal experience that rolex carries bad time....if you want to be noticed by your watch you should get that....and like it's been said before it's a good collector's piece....but whenever i see a person rockin a rolex i'm not any more impressed by a person wearing another fine swiss made watch.

i personally like:

cartier

baume & mercier and;

raymond weil

cartier is very nice. there are many versions of the posha which have a round face. The roadster and tank are also very nice but have square faces and that is not what you asked for. Like everyone has been saying rolex is a good colectors piece, good investement and can be easily identified. not the best watch by any means but they are by far the most noticed brand and most trusted brand for an "investment"

• 1 year later...
Looking for a new watch with a round oversized face. $5,000 max any suggestions? Right now I like the Mont Blanc Timewalker ($2500).

I think you could find a Rolex for under $5K especially if you look for a pre-owned watch from a quality reseller.

I think you could find a Rolex for under $5K especially if you look for a pre-owned watch from a quality reseller.

And where could anyone ever find one of those. Oh my would you look at that you with your 1 post just happen to have a watch place in your sig. amazing!

• 4 months later...

A Rolex or any other luxury self winding watch does not keep time like a quartz or other battery powered watch. They are however classic and will function for a lifetime. they need periodic updating and maintainance but people who take the time to appreciate this type of timepiece tend to fall in love with the look and feel of something so classic.

Give it a try.