Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Urban Outfitters

i live in jersey, too, and generally i just fit my urban outfitters excursions into my (frequent) trips into nyc. technically i am closer to pennsylvania (i.e. king of prussia) but the manhattan stores are much more accessible...i personally would rather not deal with the soccer moms who frequent KoP.

did you know that urban outfitters and anthropologie (another of my favorite stores) are co-owned?

xoxo,

caro

i used to like their t-shirts, but i've been drawn to Threadless and American Apparel lately. I like urban outfitter's BDG stuff though.

in one of the london stores, they sell those t-shirts for 40 pounds each....thats almost $70!!!!!!!! :vomit2:

i regret not buying thier stock 2 1/2 years ago (its up over 1000% since January 2003). i didnt have any money to play with then. :(

technically i am closer to pennsylvania (i.e. king of prussia)

omg!!! i did not know they had one at king of prussia! Despite the soccer moms, that would be a fun road trip!!! I can't believe i'm almost 23 years old, an avid shopper and have never been to king of prussia!! how is it? i've heard great things.

did you know that urban outfitters and anthropologie (another of my favorite stores) are co-owned?

YES!!! and it's funny cause i was going to mention Anthropologie in this thread as well! Miss those stores!

omg!!! i did not know they had one at king of prussia! Despite the soccer moms, that would be a fun road trip!!! I can't believe i'm almost 23 years old, an avid shopper and have never been to king of prussia!! how is it? i've heard great things.

hey hey, nothing wrong with that, i am a shopaholic 20-year-old jersey girl and i have been to KoP once (and i was 12).

YES!!! and it's funny cause i was going to mention Anthropologie in this thread as well! Miss those stores!

there is an anthro at princeton marketfair, which is a small and extraordinarily preppy mall off rte. 1. looks like there is also one at short hills (where i have never been). their stuff is sometimes a little too girly (i.e. ruffly and lacy) for my tastes, but who can resist a store where they play french jazz in the background?

ps -- have you ever been to woodbury commons (north of NYC)? they have OUTLETS (yes, OUTLETS) of bcbg, diesel, miss sixty, earl, armani, gucci, theory, lucky, versace...i have yet to go, but i hear it's amazing.

xoxo,

caro

^i used to live in KOP about 7 years ago....i was just 2 mins away from the mall so i used to shop there a lot.....last year i went back to visit and saw that they completely revamped the place and added a lot more stores....i was really impressed.

and i love urban outfitters clothes....but i used to shop there so much that i got tired and started shopping other places....it's usually my m.o....i'd find a new store that i'd really like and keeping going until i get tired and then revisit old ones and find new stores along the way that i like.

there is an anthro at princeton marketfair, which is a small and extraordinarily preppy mall off rte. 1. looks like there is also one at short hills (where i have never been). their stuff is sometimes a little too girly (i.e. ruffly and lacy) for my tastes, but who can resist a store where they play french jazz in the background?

definitely going to check out the one in princeton cause i go to school at TCNJ and thats my route to school....also i never knew there was one in short hills but then again that phase of my life is over...lol...it got a little out of hand when i was taking the trip to Short Hills from Marlboro almost every weekend to go shopping...haven't been there in about a two years!

ps -- have you ever been to woodbury commons (north of NYC)? they have OUTLETS (yes, OUTLETS) of bcbg, diesel, miss sixty, earl, armani, gucci, theory, lucky, versace...i have yet to go, but i hear it's amazing.

I LOVE WOODBURY! alot of the stuff is from the season before but whatever, they have great prices and i never come home empty handed and I LOVE NEIMAN MARCUS LAST CALL!!!! so great! My mother and I always take a trip right after the summer ends for fall stuff and then right after winter for spring/summer stuff! You should definitely check it out!

and i love urban outfitters clothes....but i used to shop there so much that i got tired and started shopping other places....it's usually my m.o....i'd find a new store that i'd really like and keeping going until i get tired and then revisit old ones and find new stores along the way that i like.

I'm guilty of the same thing, happened with me with a store right near me called "Smith Bros." i eventually got sick of it and not to mention, the prices increased as well (like it already wasn't expensive enough, geez!) and i everntually found another store along the way!

xoxo,

caro

kick-ass! :) I like them both.... Dunno if they have Anthropologie in FL, as I shopped at the one in Boston...

Did you know Adidas was once owned by two brothers, and one went off and started Puma? :pint: I :heart: Puma!

kick-ass! :) I like them both.... Dunno if they have Anthropologie in FL, as I shopped at the one in Boston...

Did you know Adidas was once owned by two brothers, and one went off and started Puma? :pint: I :heart: Puma!

There's an Anthropologie on Lincoln Road.:)

i'll have to check out the store on lincoln.....i usually shop from them on-line....sometimes i think on line catalogs have more variety than the stores.

i wasn't feeling their summer collection but fall looks really nice....something to look forward to.

Just took my gf to king of prussia. we go there 2 or 3 times a year.

We live in the city, but she loves that she can find all stuff in her small size, and good styles. In the city, all the small clothes sell fast, and all the good styles as well, leaving you with 20 Ugly size 14 dresses or shoes or whatever. It is so worth the $100 to rent a car and get out of the city for a day, i go record shopping in philly while she is there.

i worked as a sales associate at anthropologie (rittenhouse sq) for 2yrs. our parent company is indeed Urban Outfitters which was cool for me because my discount was honored at both stores. honestly though, i think both stores are way overpriced, esp. at urban. at least at anthro there are decent outside vendors such as AG, Velvet, Sweet Pea, Poleci, etc. we'd joke that urban was the store for spoiled jr high school kids shopping with their parents and anthro was the store for spoiled college kids (read: UPenn) shopping with their parent's credit cards. ;)

we'd joke that urban was the store for spoiled jr high school kids shopping with their parents and anthro was the store for spoiled college kids (read: UPenn) shopping with their parent's credit cards. ;)

haha sad but kinda true but i never shopped there when i was in jr. high, just college cause it was down the street from my dorm!