Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Elite Ent Dj Challenge @ Surfclub Sunday

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well how bout they have another one and let some other local dj's spin rather than the same 5 or 6 that do the circut all the time.....what kind of a challenge is that? :blank:

I did that in the beginning of the summer at XS

was a great time. 6 young guys played and all had fun doing it.

Gonna do it again soon. Ill let you know.

this was the lineup

Jordan Twins

Dean K

Jeff Shank(winner)

Keven Maroda

Jose Velez

Mike Bugout(not really a new guy)

And the MAC Challenge at Surf club was a McDonalds Promotion

They sponsor certain djs, and they paid for the promotion. We dont choose the djs that played.

We had it at tempts right after

Skribbles, Ojeda and Denny played at tempts. Actually went really well.

and how would you know? You only go to soundgarden and joeys.

don't have to go anywhere, jersey is so predictable..........

1- joey's will have kirk lopez and will for the next 30 yrs......Doesn't book any unknown talent

2- SG will have stevie zaccone, like every other yr......... Doesn't book any unknown talent

tristate entertainment will use nicky sciblia (sp)...........Doesn't book any unknown talent

primetime will use johnny marconi...............Doesn't book any unknown talent

r3 (you) use RS and klutch, how many local djs do u guys let spin prime time?........Doesn't book any unknown talent

Elite- joe giogio.............Doesn't book any unknown talent

studio 4- richie and roveen.....................Doesn't book any unknown talent

Your forgetting theirs only like 6 r 7 so called "house music clubs" in jersey, not many opportunies for unknown dj's

don't have to go anywhere, jersey is so predictable..........

1- joey's will have kirk lopez and will for the next 30 yrs......Doesn't book any unknown talent

2- SG will have stevie zaccone, like every other yr......... Doesn't book any unknown talent

tristate entertainment will use nicky sciblia (sp)...........Doesn't book any unknown talent

primetime will use johnny marconi...............Doesn't book any unknown talent

r3 (you) use RS and klutch, how many local djs do u guys let spin prime time?........Doesn't book any unknown talent

Elite- joe giogio.............Doesn't book any unknown talent

Your forgetting theirs only like 6 r 7 so called "house music clubs" in jersey, not many opportunies for unknown dj's

again....if you think you can help the scene

get a job as promoter and lets see what you can do help the NJ Club Scene...sicne you think its needs help

Arm Chair promoters like yourself really ain't doin anything but Bitch

again....if you think you can help the scene

get a job as promoter and lets see what you can do help the NJ Club Scene...sicne you think its needs help

Arm Chair promoters like yourself really ain't doin anything but Bitch

and where i'm i supposed to throw a party? at wendy's?? aren't many spots open..........

Define unknown talent. What maybe unknown to you may not be unknown to the other 99.9% of the people who venture out to the clubs.

You should do a search on all the Deko promo threads from the 1st time they opened. I am pretty sure you will see alot of different names in there

And as far as Studio 4 goes, they booked some great talent lately; Shawn Ink, LEX, Chris Ruh and not to mention they had Denny Tsettos and Liquid Todd play there as well

Define unknown talent. What maybe unknown to you may not be unknown to the other 99.9% of the people who venture out to the clubs.

You should do a search on all the Deko promo threads from the 1st time they opened. I am pretty sure you will see alot of different names in there

And as far as Studio 4 goes, they booked some great talent lately; Shawn Ink, LEX, Chris Ruh and not to mention they had Denny Tsettos and Liquid Todd play there as well

What i mean by "unknown talent" is a dj that never djed in a club before, in other words never had the chance............

U just proved my point, That nobody hires bedroom dj's?? List some dj's that played, that this was there 1st dj gig???

AS far as Deko goes, Why don't they let the little dj's play primetime???? 12-1:30am

What i mean by "unknown talent" is a dj that never djed in a club before, in other words never had the chance............

U just proved my point, That nobody hires bedroom dj's?? List some dj's that played, that this was there 1st dj gig???

AS far as Deko goes, Why don't they let the little dj's play primetime???? 12-1:30am

listen bro.......the little dj's need to earn their way to primetime.....i worked many shitholes when i was younger and gradually got to where i am now...as a kid i did high school dances ect to practice and make money to buy music...

for example, let's say santana is on at deko on a saturday and at 12:30 and they put on dj mikey k....why should they take off a experienced dj and risk the dancefloor to someone who has never played a club before.

a good dj starts at the bottom and earns their spot.....tsettos, manny, unique, clutch, vicious, myself, ect.never started in big rooms......

mikey, this just reinforces what we already know....u know nothing about the club business.....stick to limos

listen bro.......the little dj's need to earn their way to primetime.....i worked many shitholes when i was younger and gradually got to where i am now...as a kid i did high school dances ect to practice and make money to buy music...

for example, let's say santana is on at deko on a saturday and at 12:30 and they put on dj mikey k....why should they take off a experienced dj and risk the dancefloor to someone who has never played a club before.

a good dj starts at the bottom and earns their spot.....tsettos, manny, unique, clutch, vicious, myself, ect.never started in big rooms......

mikey, this just reinforces what we already know....u know nothing about the club business.....stick to limos

Nice kirk...

like the man said...young DJ's need to pay their DUES like we all have.

there are many times i have played w/ and up and comming DJ and all they do is blow there load as soon as they go on. If they all did the right thing...there would be more opportunities for them to play.

kinda hard to pay your dues when your demo isnt even listened to, rather just used as a coaster to put your drink on, but hey what can you do right? thats the name of the game. "who do you know and what have you done for me lately?"

not targeting anyone in particular......just stating what i have experienced in jersey.....new york seems to be much more open minded....