Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anybody see "Requim For A Dream?"

Before I saw it, I was reading that it may be the most disturbing film ever made. I honestly didn't think it was disturbing at all. I also didn't think it deserved an NC-17 rating. Ok, maybe the Jennifer Connely scene at the end put it over the top, but other than that it wasn't as intense a movie as I was expecting.

<<<PEACE>>>

------------------

"Everything is sweetened by Risk."

snoopy.gif

I saw it...and thought it was def. fucked up. I felt like I was on heroin or some other shit when I was watching it. It was kinda bugged out and depressing too. Anyway, you should check out Pi...same guy did that movie and also did the light show for Oakenfold at Hammerstein.

------------------

"The world is a better place because of those who refuse to believe they can't

fly."

dragon_pipe_e0.gif

[This message has been edited by gravity (edited 12-08-2000).]

Originally posted by g-money:

Before I saw it, I was reading that it may be the most disturbing film ever made. I honestly didn't think it was disturbing at all. I also didn't think it deserved an NC-17 rating. Ok, maybe the Jennifer Connely scene at the end put it over the top, but other than that it wasn't as intense a movie as I was expecting.

<<<PEACE>>>

Bro you must be pretty jaded. Granted I didn't know ANYTHING about the film before I saw it, but it was on my mind for a while after I saw it. Basically, we are all <this> close to cracking, that's what I took from it.

------------------

The music was our teacher...

The DJ was our preacher...

Now tell me if I reach you.

I was just expecting something alot more violent and intense than what I actually saw. Believe me I felt kind of depressed at the end and throughout the movie, I felt very sorry for Sarah Goldfar (the mom).

<<<PEACE>>>

------------------

"Everything is sweetened by Risk."

snoopy.gif

I think this film was produced really well. there haven't been to many movies recently that have disturbed me like this. I think the problem was that I was able to put myself in the characters shoes. I could really envision getting taken down thier dark path and I just kept replacing the characters w/ my girlfriend and my mom. It was tweaked, it made me feel like a terrible son and an awful boyfriend and it wasn't even me. I really feel the director did a great job w/ lighting, wide angles, colors and mood. I think he did a great job putting you in his environment.

The cinematography was amazing. Really unique in some ways. Thought the character development and story were a bit weak but I had to turn my head away during one scene and that almost *never* happens to me. That...I liked.

Music was also amazing. Made the mistake of going to see it on a date....NOT, people, I repeat this is NOT a date movie. <grumbles>

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image."

---"You have wings! Why don't I have wings?!"

---"Cause you're a boy, silly."