Clubplanet Nightlife Community

John Julius Knight @ Gryphon Review

Bling

Headed over to gryphon which is always a treat. love the venue for multiple reasons. the women, sound and overall atmosphere.

Opening set

Opening was Aaron Feld and Mikkel Danker. Never hearing these guys before I was impressed. (it seems as though a few board members such as seth know these guys as i was introduced to them)

it was aaron's birthday this evening.

they took it deep and jazzy at first and then played some really good soulful house and classic stuff.

Little Louie Vega's "Elements of LIfe" and "Together" by Ron Carroll and Hardsoul were my two fav tracks they dropped

after a bit they got to banging it out more and everyone was dancing.

Place was packed. lots of hot blondes

John Julius Knight set

at first he was awesome dropping a ton of tribal (aka osunlade style) he played some really nice deep vocals. = first 45 min of his set

then he just started to get blah after the first hr. it got wayyyy too commercial and he started to veer away from deep house.. he played some good hip hopish tracks and my fav track this sick reggae track whose chorus went : "Lift your leg up"

it was pretty sick

left around 3 . i was told his set was only 2 hrs but when we left at 310 he was still on . not sure what time he finished.

pics soon...........

PS (big thanks to Delfo Trombetta of Gryphon for being so hospitable..)

gryphon has a nice lineup for everyone coming up .. lots of good stuff to look foward to....

nice seeing str8uphardcore, seth, maria, cecil, swank, deephouseman and phillipio up in da house representing for the househeads..

oh and pic of the nite..... to be photochopped at koky's earliest convenience

i present to you.....

lol.jpg

PIC OF THE NITE..... LOL