Clubplanet Nightlife Community

google overdoing it?

Our "Super-Fabulous Phone Producer Sara" clued me in on this and I just had to tell you guys about it! Google SMS is a great new tool you can use when you're looking for local business listings, driving directions, movie times, dictionary definitions, etc. etc. All you have to do is enter your question as a text, send it to GOOGL (46645 on most phones) and you'll have an answer within minutes! This weekend, I was meeting friends out for dinner and of course, I forgot where the restaurant was. I texted the name of the place and voila! I not only got the directions, but the phone number as well, just in case I needed extra help. It's a convenient way to find out information and not have to spend all that money calling 411. Half the time, I end up losing the call and I have to call back...well, not anymore! I get the info and it's conveniently there on my telephone should I need it again. Of course, standard text messaging rates apply, but if you have an unlimited text message plan, GOOGL away!