change of scenary...

dgmodel

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hoboken, fort lee, jersey city...

seriously??? hoboken possibly ive been hearing good things, but jersey city??? i have a client there that i visit from time to time and its like bushwick brooklyn... and i dont even know what the fuck a fort lee is...

seriously??? hoboken possibly ive been hearing good things, but jersey city??? i have a client there that i visit from time to time and its like bushwick brooklyn... and i dont even know what the fuck a fort lee is...

i love hoboken, it has most of the perks of a big city (entertainment, shopping, fine dining, great bars) without the shadiness of a big city.. my brother used to live a block south of washington.. we had a 2 minute walk to bars, 3 minute walk to good restaurants/fast food places.. it's a younger area.. i would guess the average age is like 29-35.. plus if you need the city it's only a 10-15 subway ride.. and if you luck out youll have a nice view...

fort lee is up by the gwb.. im never really up there so i cant really comment too much but from what ive seen it's nice and there's some great views...

jersey city has some decent spots... it's getting better and builders have been trying to build it up as of the past few years... they have shops, good restauarants and they're even building high rises which have PHENOMENAL (sp) views of the city, statue of liberty etc. etc. which are probably on the VERY expensive side... some parts are bad, but it's on the rise...

nyack is fun.. it's about 15-20 minutes up the pallisades form the gwb.. it's an artsy town with lots of trendy shops, restaurants, bars etc. etc. it's gonna be a lot cheaper than nyc and you have great views of the hudson and are a 20-25 minute ride from the city.. my cousins fiance had an apartment overlooking the tappan zee way up on the hill... it was beautiful... at night you turned off the lights and looked out the giant living room window and saw the hudson and tappan zee... REAL nice..

Queens can be a segregated borough. I grew up in queens so im speaking from experienece. Queens is a great place to be a human being, you can be laid back, but the option for city madness is a very viable one since your so close. Depending on your budget and desire for neighbors, Queens offers alot of options. Hot area right now is Long Island City .. rents are gettin redic! A really nice area is bayside/douglaston this area is the definition of suburbia. THe thing is about that area is the long island railroad is the only "train' that goes there. If you want nice and near the good ole MTA .. Forest hills/ rego park. A very mixed area, lots of different nationalities, and also the same can be said for cuisine. Queens is great, fuck what ya heard .. shit, 2 worlds fairs son and we hold the US Open every year. Queens got shit poppin baby ..

brooklyn .. dont know much , going to just stick w/ park slope... nice area, yuppie~ish ..

that my 2 cents..

staten island... yeah everyone is gonna have jokes.... but it's the safest borough, has the best looking girls, great restaurants, close to the city, diverse neighborhoods..

hoboken is a lot of money but it's MUCH cheaper than the city... plus it's cleaner, safer and has more personality... seriously... check out hoboken!!

bk is overrated imo..

staten island has the best looking girls,

ARE U FUCKIN KIDDIN ME????????

LMFAO...SI has the TRASHIEST girls...whenever we go out, u see a bunch of skanks wearing clothes (if u can call them that) from G+G, they're from SI and they pollute everywhere, City clubs, Belmar, last year it was Seaside, DEKO ...ugh...stay out of Jersey u trashy hoes!!

AS FOR HOBOKEN...overratted out-of-towner trap...filled w/ yuppie scum that make wayyyy too much $$$ for there own good, dont be suckered into it, yeah I like to visit but wouldnt want to live there, I need a place with greens and trees

oh yeah, and the HOT WOMEN are lookin for the rich yuppies, NOT YOU

may I suggest Montclair..Ibrandon's neighborhood, a little pricey but with lots of entertainment, art, bars and close to just about everything