Clubplanet Nightlife Community

International Bar? happy hour help?

copahc

I never cared for it and I wouldn't reccommend it as a happy hour spot, especially for a group of ladies....maybe for a couple of people but not more then that. Why there? Is that walking distance from work or something? I like McCormicks for happy hour.....maybe 14th and K, near there at least. Good food, strong drinks and great service, good place to unwind and start the night. The waterfront is also good for happy hour....I also like Lucky bar.....yeah it's cheesy and whatever...but it's the perfect spot to sit outside and people watch and watch all the fools in the rat race to get home, etc...plus you can have many options within a few blocks........but you should really post pics of these girls and maybe I can give you some better spots....

...but you should really post pics of these girls and maybe I can give you some better spots....

haha, no pictures, take my word for it. we are hot.

you're right, international bar sucked. we were just looking for something new. somewhere with some good drinks and good looking people. haven't found a bar in dc yet that i can call home. hahahahaha

No, I don't want a pick-up joint. just one where the boys aren't afraid to talk to us and buy us drinks. Last friday my friend and i sat in a bar for 2 hrs while this table full of boys stared at us. Then when we finally left, one of them came running out the door after us, beer in hand, asking where we were going. Loo late idiot!

Irish bars are ok but we dont drink beer.

gee dunno. i rarely go out for happy hour so i dont know where all the good watering holes are where guys buy girls drinks. have you checked the post? maybe see what they list and picking 2 or 3 spots and just checking them out is the best way to go.

sorry i'm quite useless in this regards. :(

Do I get a money back guarantee? hehe

have you tried Eye bar, Cloud, Mantis, Sesto Senso, etc?

More like lounges than bars, but I think thats what you're looking for.

Actually, I’ve never been to any of those. We were about to go to Sesto Senso once, but it looked dead inside so we went somewhere else. Where are Mantis and cloud? I think we’re going to hit up the waterfront Thursday while it’s still nice out.

oh wait, i have been to cloud, that place was dead too. I like dragonfly, They have good lychee martinis.

Mantis: I believe its in Adams Morgan somewhere. Been there only once and was drunk but I remember it being good.

Sesto Senso - been a long time ago but whenever I go to Five I see that the place is packed(its next to Five). Probably more of a late night joint than evening.

Cloud - went once for an event, so it was happening then. They try to copy Spank and Bed by having back room where you can relax in beds and enjoy food and drinks.

Eye bar is on I between 18th and 17th right above Bottom line. Again go there later, after 8pm.

Waterfront should be fun. If you go to Dragonfly Thursday you might run into a large group of my friends celebrating someone's move upto NYC.

Another friend of mine is spinning at Mantis later on Thursday. Some options after waterfront (that is, if you have not yet run into boys willing to be honored by the company of two intelligent, fun and beautiful ladies).

Hmmm...wish I could go out.

grounded??

yeah, my mom said I couldn't go out till I turned at least 18 :(.

hehe - NOT - a *few* years too late for that!

I have class till about 10pm and then a career fair on Friday. Gotta do the *responsible* thing for a change.

But will definitely party it up over the weekend! If you're into house at all, you should check out Five, though I have to find out whos there this weekend.

I am into house, and I’ve been to five. It was fun. Unfortunately none of my friends are into that kind of scene, so I rarely go to dance clubs :( it sucks, I miss it.

have you been to dragonfly on thursday nights?

try guarapo's (arlington) on the weekends as well - but not for happy hour.

steve lawler and carl cox are coming to Buzz in October - a bunch of us are going.

I am into house, and I’ve been to five. It was fun. Unfortunately none of my friends are into that kind of scene, so I rarely go to dance clubs :( it sucks, I miss it.

Happy hour and clubbing at night are two different topics. Beautiful and intelligent female.... Which supermodel (past or present) would you say you resemble? - I doubt you resemble a supermodel. The fact that you sat somewhere for two hours and didnt get approached by anyone willing to buy you drinks says quite a bit.

When I am back in DC from Miami I Frequent the following.

The top clubs/lounges in the city are

Modern: Wed - Door Policy:International Crowd: lounging to hip hop

K St: Tues - International crowd: small bar: trance

Smith Point: Fri - Door Policy: Where the young republicans, trust fund kids, and ralph lauren polo crowd party.

5: Fri - Afterhours

Fur - Sat: Best Trance in the city.

Any of the lounges on 18th and M are decent for happy hour. 18th St Lounge, 1223, Ozios, Dragonfly. And instead sitting in one place for two hours, you can move on.