Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Wedding Gifts

Destiny

The family friend I'd give $75 per person. That would make $150 if you're bringing a date. More than reasonable, imo.

The wedding that you're in...well you'll have to be the judge. Taking into account the cost of being in the wedding and such, i'd say 100-150 per person is more than reasonable depending on what you want to give.

No offense to anyone, but I hate wedding for this whole monetary reason. I hope that I'm in a position to tell the people invited to my wedding to leave their wallets at home. It's a celebration, not a fundraiser.

The family friend I'd give $75 per person. That would make $150 if you're bringing a date. More than reasonable, imo.

The wedding that you're in...well you'll have to be the judge. Taking into account the cost of being in the wedding and such, i'd say 100-150 per person is more than reasonable depending on what you want to give.

No offense to anyone, but I hate wedding for this whole monetary reason. I hope that I'm in a position to tell the people invited to my wedding to leave their wallets at home. It's a celebration, not a fundraiser.

It's not a fundraiser, but it costs a lot to feed these people, basically the money that they give is to cover the cost of their meal.

and on a side note, my fiance and I decided where and when we're getting married... Feb '07 in Costa Rica on the beach.

awww, that's nice :) Congratulations!

But if you're bring a date and they don't know the couple, but they're going as your date.. why would they pay $75 as well... doesn't make sense...

But if you're bring a date and they don't know the couple, but they're going as your date.. why would they pay $75 as well... doesn't make sense...

Well I wouldn't expect or accept it if a guy were to pay. I'd of course be the one giving the entire "gift" if I asked him to be my date.

And Jim...I know the whole mentality behind the gift giving...and I agree with giving what the plate costs. More than that, especially at two wedding around the same time, starts to get nutty.

Well I wouldn't expect or accept it if a guy were to pay. I'd of course be the one giving the entire "gift" if I asked him to be my date.

And Jim...I know the whole mentality behind the gift giving...and I agree with giving what the plate costs. More than that, especially at two wedding around the same time, starts to get nutty.

It certainly does! Last year I had 3 weddings to go to in July and one of them I was in... I was so po'.

It certainly does! Last year I had 3 weddings to go to in July and one of them I was in... I was so po'.

Shit man, me and Sugar had 6 weddings last year, I was in 2 of them and she was in one. You wanna talk about po'? 2 of them were back to back, one Saturday and one Sunday.

But yea, it all depends on where it is. If it's at a really nice banquet hall, it can cost anywhere from $100-175 a head. You should definately try to cover the cost of your meal.

It's at the botanical gardens. Idk if i should expect my bf to give part of the gift, he knows one of the people, but never even met the other one. Theyre both in the same month, so i'm a little confused how to go about giving gifts.

If you invited him, and you both aren't friends with the people, then I say you pay the gift.