Clubplanet Nightlife Community

angels rule!!!!!!!!!!!

weyes

i'd be happy if the padres dont get swept.
hey, you're in the NL, so i might as well root for you guys too, for now. i mean, hey - you're the only team with a real mascot in the playoffs. i've always wanted to go to a padres game, just to visit the chicken. how cool is he :D ?!?!?!?!?!?

well the padres now have a frair as a mascot

03.JPG

but yeah, originally the chicken was the mascot and as his popularity grew he also did the chargers games and then just travlled all over the place.

my alltime favorite is, of course, the chicken . . .

chicken.jpg

followed by the phoenix suns gorilla...

Gorilla1.jpg

are you serious, vic? did they really get rid of the chicken :( ??? please say it isn't so! that lame friar guy has to be a mascot for some college team or something. tell me so.

o, and juddybuddy: sorry about your sox :hey: .

game 5 tonight!

well i didnt think the pads would win 1 game, they were clearly over matched by the cards in all aspects of the game. i just hope they build on this year and improve the squad for next year. pitching-wise they aint that bad, but they just have absolutely no timely hitting.

would love to see them go out and pursue a couple of players that can hit 20-30 hr a year and drive in some runs.

did anyone see tonight's (game 2, wednesday) bullshit game :cuss: ??!?!?!?! we lost due to an incorrect call :frust: !!! they replayed it over and over in slo-mo and it proved the ump wrong, but it got the white sox over on us in the bottom of the ninth, deciding the game. if this decides the series, it will be forever remembered as the series the white sox didn't truly win on the up-and-up. (wait a minute, didn't they have a problem with that in the past :shaky::tongue: ?)

i was at friday's game, which was unlike any game i've ever been to :eek: . i've never heard a stadium that loud with booing. that umpire got it all night. and when the whole crowd chanted "you suck" over and over, not letting the announcer introduce anyone else, man - that was something else. the guys next to us almost got thrown out... but from where we sat, we lost friday's game fair and square. as for tonight's (saturday's), there were four incorrect calls in the white sox's favor.

it hasn't all been one ump, though, and this is looking crooked. i'm thinking this series may have been bought, no joke. it's the black sox of 2005 :no: .

angels didnt do themselves any favors with their batting. vladimir was 1-20 on the series? but that play in game 2 really shifted the momentum of the entire series. umps f*cked up on that call.
despite vladdy's poor batting, game 2 was bogus, and there were 4 INCORRECT calls in saturday's game. who knows how that one would've ended? i acknowledge that the angels lost the last one fair and square.

baseball is never gonna adopt instant replays or do anything to change the way games are umpired. sux - 'cos i think the games should be decided by the teams playing in it and not due to flagrant ump errors.
i don't think strikes and balls should be subject to the instant replay, just 'cause it would slow down the game tremendously, and it almost eliminates the need for/faith in umpires. but i do think it should be used when there are questionable plays.