Clubplanet Nightlife Community

To Dave the admin

myrlin

Hi Dave. I was wondering if you can run a scan on all the new, low total posters and their ip/hosts.

Reason is I see various names which post awfully alike with the same writing style.

I really do not like to have people "fool" our msg board and cause trouble.

Thanks

------------------

Myrlin

druid3.gifwizard.gif

Originally posted by myrlin:

Hi Dave. I was wondering if you can run a scan on all the new, low total posters and their ip/hosts.

Reason is I see various names which post awfully alike with the same writing style.

Thanks

LOL

It's none of your goddamn business who writes what on this board:

http://www.clubplanet.com/aboutus/privacy.asp

And what makes you think this is your board anyway. Do you pay the bills for the bandwidth and server maintenance? I don't care how many posts you have done, you registered in Aug which still makes you a newbie in my book. There are people on here that have been on since 97. Your noone to talk about any of this.

If you want a controlled censored board, go to www.deepernyc.com. Dmirty censors that board regularly.

We all have to listen to you and your friends talk about off topic personal crap regarding meet-ups and stuff. So what if people are screwing around. IMHO they have just as much right to do that as you have a right to do those stupid posts after the meet-ups where you list every goddamn person you met and write a sentence to each one. Thats just plain boring. But you have a right to do it.

Originally posted by myrlin:

Thanks

have we been fooled? oh lord no. now my chest hurts so bad i just wanna die

Originally posted by translucent:

LOL..This board should have an "impostor list," a page where you can see a list of screennames using the same IP.

You only have 182 posts and I've never seen u at a meetup!

IMPOSTOR!!!!!

I want ur IP addy pronto mister!!!!!!

translucent is an impostor!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by bigbot:

You only have 182 posts and I've never seen u at a meetup!

IMPOSTOR!!!!!

I want ur IP addy pronto mister!!!!!!

translucent is an impostor!!!!!!!!

Ha ha ha...I was @ Twilo Nov. 24th meetup. Ironically enough, myrlin was the first person from the board I met.

------------------

translucent_binary.gif

Originally posted by kay whoeler:

LOL

<A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.clubplanet.com/aboutus/privacy.asp" TARGET=_blank&gt;http://www.clubplanet.com/aboutus/privacy.asp</A>

And what makes you think this is your board anyway. Do you pay the bills for the bandwidth and server maintenance? I don't care how many posts you have done, you registered in Aug which still makes you a newbie in my book. There are people on here that have been on since 97. Your noone to talk about any of this.

If you want a controlled censored board, go to <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.deepernyc.com." TARGET=_blank>www.deepernyc.com.</A> Dmirty censors that board regularly.

We all have to listen to you and your friends talk about off topic personal crap regarding meet-ups and stuff. So what if people are screwing around. IMHO they have just as much right to do that as you have a right to do those stupid posts after the meet-ups where you list every goddamn person you met and write a sentence to each one. Thats just plain boring. But you have a right to do it.

Okay.....first off, it's the quality of the posts that makes myrlin valuable to this board and the people on it, not how many or how long he has posted.....and that goes for anyone on here......you are right, anyone is free to post here and nobody except clubplanet can do anything about it.......however, many of us use this board in a serious way and have real-life friends on here......the result being, we try to keep it valuable and get defensive when ignorant people such as yourself throw some bullshit up to try and hurt feelings or start drama.......and don't come back and say that those who post seriously have no right to get defensive because we don't own the board......let me tell you something, there is only such a thing as a board here because of the useful posts that are posted........do you think clubplanet created this board for candy asses to go around posting stupid shit all day?....they did this for the people to get something out of it and those of us who are get fucking pissed off when immaturity signs on........and here's a tip, which I would have expected such a smart kid to know already - if you don't like posts, don't read, if you don't like meetups, stay home........if you ever understood a thing about it, you may understand half the posts.......in conclusion, you're right on the surface but it's a bit more complicated to some of us and I wouldn't expect you to understand that......maybe now you do.

Mikey

------------------

"If there are two of us, I will gladly bite it in half....."

Originally posted by tyco:

...already - if you don't like posts, don't read...

Mikey

That was my point exactly, funny how you feel that way about your friends posts, but knot other peoples. Can you say H-I-P-O-C-R-A-T-E. I dont like impostors either, but your above point applies to them as well.

cwm30.gif peace out, candy ass cwm30.gif

[This message has been edited by kay whoeler (edited 12-12-2000).]

I actually stopped deleting a few months ago. But if I see a dumb post like "Everyone suck dick", I wont think twice, who wants to see that? Someone talked shit about me on the board, I didn't delete it. When I first opened that board yes I deleted posts, but it paid off since now people think twice before posting. I havn't deleted a post since the Summer. I usually just block IPs if someone abuses the board and I havn't done that in months either.

Dmitry

I'm dying to know if my theory on who bastardino is is correct. I'm 99% sure that I know but still, I want that certainty smile.gif Impostors suck but they are sometimes funny..... Most of the time really annoying and stupid! 1 IP per name would be a good decision. It wouldn't be "censoring" at all...

LOL

<A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.clubplanet.com/aboutus/privacy.asp" TARGET=_blank&gt;http://www.clubplanet.com/aboutus/privacy.asp</A>

If you want a controlled censored board, go to <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.deepernyc.com." TARGET=_blank>www.deepernyc.com.</A> Dmirty censors that board regularly.

You can fight for freedom of speech all you want. When people specifically create dozens of IDs either because they want to cause mischief, peopl dont like them so they cange their name and so on, its get childish.

Having 7 names linked to the same person is exactly what i would prefer to have moderated. If you don't like our posts, dont read them. If you wish to create Drama, go to the drama board.

Now go away, child. If you cannot see the value of knowing who you are talking to, then you have already lost.

Thanks for your support.

------------------

Myrlin

druid3.gifwizard.gif

That was my point exactly, funny how you feel that way about your friends posts, but knot other peoples. Can you say H-I-P-O-C-R-A-T-E. I dont like impostors either, but your above point applies to them as well.

cwm30.gif peace out, candy ass cwm30.gif

[This message has been edited by kay whoeler (edited 12-12-2000).]

Now see buddy.....you did exactly what I thought you would do which is, took a tiny piece of my post and made that out to be my entire point.......since you read the whole thing, please acknowledge the whole post, not 6 words of it.......now, let me make this clear to you again.......I say, if you don't like the post, don't read......and you're right, it does apply to all on the board including imposters.....but the main argument I tried to make was that posts by imposters are not meant to diplay their opinions.....on the contrary, they are doing it to be disruptive to the post at hand........additionally, they go as far as calling people out by name and trying to put them down......how can you not read that when you're being targeted by an imposter who took it upon themselve, as I might add, to steal your name also.......I see your point but its a simple solution to a more complicated problem.......don't try to seriously tell me that there isn't a difference between the serious posts and those of imposters......moreover, don't act like the line shouldn't be drawn somewhere.......I'm not trying to start drama with you here I'm just reacting to you in the same fashion you did myrlin......thanks.

Mikey

------------------

It's spelled H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E jackass. I believe what Mikey was trying to say is that:

Most people are here to find out about the club scene and the music. This includes MEETING some of the people that are more outgoing and are interested in making new friends as well as fostering the friendships they aleady have. However, there are some people on the board that are only on here to try to piss other people off. They will say just about anything inappropriate just to get a rise out of people. Why would anyone wish to do that. That's just straight up mean!!

I also believe that Mikey would've backed anyone who made sense and said nice/fun/intelligent things, regardless if he knew that person or not. It just happened that this time he was referring to a friend.

cwm12.gif

------------------

Hugh

a.k.a. ibhugh, Bryan Adams

email: ibhugh@yahoo.com

aolim: hugesk8r

Originally posted by quanto_magnus:

It's spelled H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E jackass. I believe what Mikey was trying to say is that:

Most people are here to find out about the club scene and the music. This includes MEETING some of the people that are more outgoing and are interested in making new friends as well as fostering the friendships they aleady have. However, there are some people on the board that are only on here to try to piss other people off. They will say just about anything inappropriate just to get a rise out of people. Why would anyone wish to do that. That's just straight up mean!!

I also believe that Mikey would've backed anyone who made sense and said nice/fun/intelligent things, regardless if he knew that person or not. It just happened that this time he was referring to a friend.

cwm12.gif

Thanks Hugh.......I'm glad someone realizes my point......hey, where you been lately, haven't seen you in a while? Everything cool? lol

Mikey

------------------

Yeah. Things have been cool... I've been out of town a lot in the last month.

I'll be there Wed. night. You going?? I also plan to make it out for Friday festivities....

Check your PM's

Woohoo!!! <a  href="]http://bbs.clubplanet.com/ubb/smilies/cwm35.gif' alt='cwm35.gif'>

------------------

Hugh

a.k.a. ibhugh, Bryan Adams

email: ibhugh@yahoo.com

aolim: hugesk8r

[This message has been edited by quanto_magnus (edited 12-12-2000).]

Can you say H-I-P-O-C-R-A-T-E. I dont like impostors either, but your above point applies to them as well. B]

HO

HO

HO

I hope Santa Claus brings you a 'Hooked On Phonics' because you need it.

Dumbass.

If you're going to talk shit, and least learn how to spell.

What a dick.

------------------

you can judge the quality and content of one's character by the way they treat someone that can do nothing for them...