Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tao Grand Opening Review

neoptolemus

I recently attended the public grand opening of Tao; & I liked the club so much, that I went again the following weekend. Thanks to MRVIP, I stood in no line, both weekends in a row. At first I was distressed at seeing the size of the "vip line"; but I soon found out the advantage of using MRVIP - I walked right up to the front and was let right in.

When it comes to clubs, there are generally four things I like to look for: the crowd, the atmosphere, the vip areas, and the bars.

The crowd:

If you like hanging out with the best looking people in Vegas, Tao is the place to be. I found myself surrounded by clean looking guys and ultra beautiful women - right along with the guests of the club - the dancers were some of the best and hottest I have ever seen in a club. There were plenty of people in the club, but it was not at all overcrowded for a club as popular and as new as this one.

The atmosphere:

Possibly the most important part of a club is the atmosphere - the actual layout, theme, and feel of a club. The layout of the club was awesome, there was a very large main floor, a balcony overlooking part of the Vegas Strip, a downstairs room with seperate music, and a balcony overlooking the inside of the club! The theme of the club was upscale and very clean. The club seems to cater to an atmosphere of an experience with friends and new people, rather than an individual experience like most clubs offer. The feel of the club was awesome, only the the most fun loving people seemed to be there - and the bartenders and bouncers actually seemed to be happy to be there and happy to make the experience better, rather than just doing a boring job - on most occasions I found myself talking to the bartenders and waitresses almost as much as I was talking to the other people there!

The vip areas:

For some of us, the most important part of the club is how good the vip areas are. I checked out almost all of the vip areas and found that they catered to almost any preference you could have when looking for a private room or table. There were vip areas all over the club - there were vip rooms near the bars, near the main dance floor, and even on the inside balcony (that was my favorite one!). Even though I did not use any vip rooms, I payed attention to their locations and how well they were serviced. It seemed as though there was a waitress in the vip areas at almost all times. The vip sections seemed very well serviced and well worth the money, something for me to think about on future visits!

The bars

Last but certainly not least, is the bars. One of the biggest headaches in a club is waiting entirely too long for a drink. I was simply shocked by the amount of bars, and the service time in this club. I counted two smaller bars - (one in the downstairs room, and one in the entry hall) - and one very large bar near the main dance floor. I went to the main bar and was served almost immediately. For the size of the club and the amount of people that were there, this club was super fast when it came to drinks. Nothing impresses me more when a club can be packed on it's opening night and still serve up drinks quickly.

All in all this club is a 10 in my book, I frequently attend some of the best clubs in Vegas - Pure, Foundation Room, Studio 54, & let's not forget Tao - and thanks to MRVIP, I never wait in line.

I'll be waitin' for ya' inside -

NEOPTOLEMUS

son of Achilles

I've been to Tao twice now, and would also like to speak to what a great venue this is. Definitely a must-see in Vegas. The place took two years to build, and it shows. It's beautiful, and so are the people who go there. And so is the staff, especially the girls who work in the lounge. I am very happy they have house music in the lounge. It seems to go over very well.

It is our prediction that the success of Tao will surpass that of Pure in the future. People want to go to venues where they are comfortable and not crammed in, unable to move. We appreciate venues like Tao that are able to compete with the "popular" clubs to offset the weight.

It is our prediction that the success of Tao will surpass that of Pure in the future. People want to go to venues where they are comfortable and not crammed in, unable to move. We appreciate venues like Tao that are able to compete with the "popular" clubs to offset the weight.

I'm going to go with no on that. What is moderately busy at Pure will have people piled up to the ceiling at Tao, because it is nowhere near as big. Pure did 5,000 covers on a Saturday night two weekends ago. I don't think Tao could do that even if you counted their dinner covers.

Many people do like Pure because it is beautiful, there are many rooms, different types of music, and because it's busy. Many other people don't like Pure because it is too busy. I'm not saying that Tao will be able to bring in more customers than Pure. What I am saying is that they may be able to bring in enough covers to impact Pure's business. Only time will tell.

I am not sure if Tao will replace Pure - in any aspect, but I think maybe we shouldn't count the attendance, I have gone on a few thursdays and some weekends and it get fairly packed, as far as a head count, I dont have any facts on numbers, but just by guessing I would say it is around that 5,000 on a Fri/Sat; but lets not forget that we all like different aspects of different clubs - there are some things that are great about both clubs.

It is not likely that Tao, or any other nighclub, will replace Pure, but what it will be able to do is give tourists and clubgoers a second option to consider. As of right now, Pure is the top club in Las Vegas which gives them too much power. With power comes mistreatment of customers. I've personally seen people with tables reserved waiting in the VIP line for up to an hour to get in. This is unreasonable when they are paying $400 per bottle. If Tao is able to take away some of Pure's business, maybe Pure would be more accommodating to their customers.