Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Might be moving to Miami/need advice!!!!!

kinetika

Hey all, might be moving to Miami from NYC, i usually only go to Miami for WMC, have some ?'s ...

1. Where to live?: maybe not sobe, but where can i live that is not that expensive(1 bedroom, my range caps out at around 1500), but still a cool place to live? what about downtown miami? suggestions?

2. Crime?: Living in NYC, the one thing I worry about is parking on the street, with accidents and all. Any worries about car thefts? Do the apartments usually have parking included?

3. Economy?: I know alot of stuff is being built downtown, but what is the economy like/trends?

Any help will be nice

Hey all, might be moving to Miami from NYC, i usually only go to Miami for WMC, have some ?'s ...

1. Where to live?: maybe not sobe, but where can i live that is not that expensive(1 bedroom, my range caps out at around 1500), but still a cool place to live? what about downtown miami? suggestions?

2. Crime?: Living in NYC, the one thing I worry about is parking on the street, with accidents and all. Any worries about car thefts? Do the apartments usually have parking included?

3. Economy?: I know alot of stuff is being built downtown, but what is the economy like/trends?

Any help will be nice

i just moved here from nyc(was there for 2 yrs) and grew up in dc....there are deff plenty of places to live for 1500/month...the flamingo in south beach is a agreat buildign and u could prob get a place in tehre for 1500/month but not sure if the prices have gone up....check craigs list of course...id suggest living in south beach...i know there's a lot of construction downtown and downtown and north miami are up and coming areas w/ loads of development and there are some nice areas..just do some searches on google and you should find something.....many buildings have parking but if u have a building w/ no parking u gotta get a street permit...not sure how much and how safe....i did a big paper on the real estate "bubble" down here and the outlook is good for the economy...after 9/11 miami was one of the few places in the us that really was able to weather the recession that followed after....w/ all the development going on hopefully more people will be moving down here and adding to the local economy...miami only has 400k people w/ the entire metropiltan area only 2.3 million so there's plenty of room for growth...while the jobs arent as high paying as in nyc the cost of living is also left...what kind of work do u plan to get into...hope this helps for the time being

Any help will be nice

if you stay away from people like mdamon you'll love it... i went to miami and didnt see mdamon and i had a great time!!! hope this helps!!! :)

if you stay away from people like mdamon you'll love it... i went to miami and didnt see mdamon and i had a great time!!! hope this helps!!! :)

Thats ok, just florida doesnt like new yorkers coming down and trashing the place, we are still cleaning after this clown from jersey came down here

yoh, this city is shit. Move to Europe.

do u really think that??? europeans think miami is the greatest place in the world...and americans think europe is the greatest place...kinda wierd...europe is good for vacation not to live

do u really think that??? europeans think miami is the greatest place in the world...and americans think europe is the greatest place...kinda wierd...europe is good for vacation not to live

Either way, we have no room, think about europe, or come and visit us, thats all

People that come down here on holliday don't count. It doesnt matter where you go, anytime you get away to some place new is good. This city for the most part is pretty shitty. Its too expensive, and too many people have their head up their ass. I dunno, atleast try somewhere where the seasons change. and realestate is reasonable.

ill take sunny weather all the time vs the seasons and thats having grown up in dc and lived in nyc.....plus miami's real estate is still much cheaper than most metropolitan areas in the us such as dc, chicago, nyc, la etc

Despite the hurricanes during hurricane season, Miami is an awesome place to live.

A lot of people are moving into the Kendall and Doral areas. Everything in Miami is about 15 minutes away. Stay away from Hialeah and Sweetwater.....lol.....

Crime:....not so sure but I live in Westchester and everything's cool around here....

There are some apartments opening up in the downtown area that you may want to look into. Downtown is an area that is only gonna get better. The big nighclubs are in downtown and on South Beach.

Outside of that you have your bars and restaurants in the suburbs.

hope that helps.....don't mind the NYC haters.....they have just been brainwashed by saleen and the guidos....

hope this helps :)

lol i'm not a guido!! gosh some of you guys are harsh..

yeah the northeast blows in the winter...hate the cold

-

Europeans love miami? Err, I guess. I'm Greek but raised in NY since a kid, def got a point there....

-

Those of you from NY/the northeast can relate with me on the fact that it is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too fast paced in NY, the europeans like miami because for the most part its laid back and chill(like parts of europe).

lol i'm not a guido!! gosh some of you guys are harsh..

yeah the northeast blows in the winter...hate the cold

-

Europeans love miami? Err, I guess. I'm Greek but raised in NY since a kid, def got a point there....

-

Those of you from NY/the northeast can relate with me on the fact that it is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too fast paced in NY, the europeans like miami because for the most part its laid back and chill(like parts of europe).

no doubt...im greek too its in my blood to me in nice weather and near the ocean...ny is just all concrete and asphalt and isnt really a nice city in terms of natural environment though i loved living there for 2 yrs and the nightlife is awesome

after living in miami (south beach) for over 10 years I have come to the conclusion that miami is great to visit, shitty to live in

if you start depending on things like transportation (including highways), service, or just the general efficiency of things, Miami is the pits

europe is good to visit and not to live in? I would argue the exact opposite...

Miami Miami

Miami laid back?

No way, maybe in the beach the lifestyle is some what laid back, but for the rest of the city is really fast paced. Miami is going thru some major transformations. The plans for Miami are to make it a topical metropolis where the rich can come to play and live. One big tropical paradise that everyone wants to visit. South beach is going to be the playground for the rich, downtown is going to be the entertainment and commerce of Miami and with a short drive to Florida’s Everglades for those nature buffs; our skyline is so ever changing.

But Miami does suck to live in right now, with all the changes, we have lots of traffic, rude people, road rage, bad cops, bad politics, pointless laws*, no sonics, wannabee’s, hot muggy days and nights, lots of rain, hurricane treats, unpredictable weather, too many people, a lot of construction, and house heads. ;) oh and the court system here is a cluster fuck so it the public transportation system But a good thing they just passed a new gun law the really gives gun owner to bust a cap in anyone that threatens; a justifiable right to protect yourself.

I would move into the Palm Beach or Weston area because of the pace of things out there, less traffic, safe and if you want to party Miami or the New Hard Rock its all in good driving range.

I never been to NY so I can’t really compare the lifestyle, I been told people are nicer over there, but I can’t imagine that Miami and NY would differ in the fast pace life by much. We just have less buildings so you can see the sunsets and rise without some obstruction .

;)