Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Angello & Ingrosso Review

Wow, I adored most of their set, I have to say. There was a definite great vibe there. And Brendan was great as opener, but he was playing "opener" type trax, kinda on the mellower side of things (which is what he was supposed to be doing so okay).

Was every track they played amazing? No. They threw in some familiar tracks because believe it or not some people like to hear an old track or two or even an 80's remix type thing every once in a while on the floor. Granted "Sweet Dreams" is played, but I liked their mix and the way Steve f'd with it (altho I liked the "Smalltown Boy" more). The crowd certainly was feeling it and what makes a good DJ is playing to the crowd too, let's not forget that. A DJ that can read a crowd is already half way there in my opinion. Also I found nothing wrong with their mixing abilities, don't know what you're talking about.

And...you're comparing them to 1)older, more established DJ's and 2)DJ's that tend to play much darker. So it's kind of like apples and oranges.

For those that didn't enjoy them that's too bad...I thought they were good and I would def. go back to see them play again.

BTW, had no idea they were that young, they look older! If that's the case, then they def. have a lot of time to grow and I'm sure will be way fiercer in even just a couple more years.

you gotta love overly critical bedroom djs slagging accomplished dj/producers on message boards. brings me back to the days of yesteryear, when one could wake up on a tuesday morning and read 18 pages of know-it-all, chin -scratchers critiquing every second of tronic treatment the previous night.

i think that the guys played well, and judging by the reaction of the crowd, the majority was definitely feeling it.

the guys were definitely nervous about the gig and really wanted to put on a good set. its not their fault that the crowd was digging the more "mainstream"- wich is bullshit by the way- stuff.

i know for a fact that they wouldve liked to play a lot more dirty tracks, anytime they played a little bit harder or techier, the crowd noticeably calmed down.

next time they come, i think that they need to play a longer set to really showcase what they can do.