Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Trancelvania Last Night

stogiey2k2

Thank you all that

played last night and that attend the party.

The DJ's played GREAT..

Rob set was excellent and had people on there feet,

My friend Jack I thought for sure would have a tough time

coming in after Rob but he proved to blend it easily and

played great as well. Relik then although a short set pumped

up the crowd playing some nasty hard trance,

Greg brought us some classic trance tunes to enlighten our ears,

Groove Eric then followed and put some thumb in the speakers

with a great set and finally Gerry played a very nice set too.

I left feeling disappointed by the way the crowd thinned out after 2pm

but I don't feel that bad anymore because I saw that Space was slow

and I heard from a friend that Nocturnal had 100 people tops in there club,

So the storm definitely dampened the show rate......but good times were

had no doubt...:)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah good times, good people, great fuckin music, good seeing the family out last night and some more, only bad moment of the nite is when I realized the club didnt....

SELL REDBULL, WTF

Yeah I was shocked as well......I actually ran across the street to Goldrush and got one of the DJ's two redbulls lol...

Im sorry i couldnt make it last night guys .. But man i was sick as fuck and laid out in bed. (and no not with some hunny gettin some ass.. i wish) But i heard the music was great until someone cut Reliks set short and cleared the room out . Im sorry Stogiey , im not busting "YOUR" balls cause of this but its fucked up when one person cutts off another dj just so he can get some glory from the crowd .Well from what i heard it didnt work , and was the reason the floor cleared out. Greg always seemed like a great guy and ive always got along pretty well with him . But that was a no no. Especially when the dj's that are playing are playing because they love the music and most of all for free. I dont mean to be an asshole here but these guys accepted this because they want to be heard and they love to play. Not to be all excited they are playing and all of a sudden get cut short by a dj that wants to keep playing to a crowd that the before hand dj built up. It's a kinda sad situation if you ask me. Obviously tho it didnt work. And i warned a few of these dj's that shit like this would happen. Last time Eric played there the same shit happened. A few dj's go on , prog , trance etc. Then Groove Eric goes on to get shit ready for Edgar V. (We were told Edgar was on right after Eric) well , negative !! Some guy gets on and hogs up the decks and starts playing Drum n Bass.. I have nothing against D n B . But people went that night to hear what they were promised they would hear . Eric does an amazing job in packing the place and getting the crowd ready for edgar and what happens ? This guy totally cleared out the place . And that was the most people ive ever seen at players !! And greed took over and ruined a night that was bound to be incredible. By the time Edgar got on it was empty. It started picking up a bit when Edgar got on but the damage was done. Maybe this place should just close its doors cause obviously they know squat about music and how to run a club. Nothing against any of you but whoever was in charge of setting this whole thing up Fucked up once again . And i advised my friends that played there (Eric, Gerry , Relik) to never play for that place or for free ever again !! And to get paid up front if they do . Peace Koky

Im sorry i couldnt make it last night guys .. But man i was sick as fuck and laid out in bed. (and no not with some hunny gettin some ass.. i wish) But i heard the music was great until someone cut Reliks set short and cleared the room out . Im sorry Stogiey , im not busting "YOUR" balls cause of this but its fucked up when one person cutts off another dj just so he can get some glory from the crowd .Well from what i heard it didnt work , and was the reason the floor cleared out. Greg always seemed like a great guy and ive always got along pretty well with him . But that was a no no. Especially when the dj's that are playing are playing because they love the music and most of all for free. I dont mean to be an asshole here but these guys accepted this because they want to be heard and they love to play. Not to be all excited they are playing and all of a sudden get cut short by a dj that wants to keep playing to a crowd that the before hand dj built up. It's a kinda sad situation if you ask me. Obviously tho it didnt work. And i warned a few of these dj's that shit like this would happen. Last time Eric played there the same shit happened. A few dj's go on , prog , trance etc. Then Groove Eric goes on to get shit ready for Edgar V. (We were told Edgar was on right after Eric) well , negative !! Some guy gets on and hogs up the decks and starts playing Drum n Bass.. I have nothing against D n B . But people went that night to hear what they were promised they would hear . Eric does an amazing job in packing the place and getting the crowd ready for edgar and what happens ? This guy totally cleared out the place . And that was the most people ive ever seen at players !! And greed took over and ruined a night that was bound to be incredible. By the time Edgar got on it was empty. It started picking up a bit when Edgar got on but the damage was done. Maybe this place should just close its doors cause obviously they know squat about music and how to run a club. Nothing against any of you but whoever was in charge of setting this whole thing up Fucked up once again . And i advised my friends that played there (Eric, Gerry , Relik) to never play for that place or for free ever again !! And to get paid up front if they do . Peace Koky

agreed.

werd.jpg

yeah, the whole point of playing after someone is to listen to their set and continue their journey. The only time you can kill the last person's set is when the last DJ was a dumbass like the one before Eric, and then do what you gotta do to keep the crowd.

I hate it when the next DJ has to stop the good mood the opening DJ set by being disrespectful and just canning the last Dj's set completely, or Djs who are too autistic and can't seem to mix into the last song the last DJ played and wait for it to end so they can start their set.... :clap2:

ATTENTION DJs: put yourself in the position of a clubber on the dancefloor, would you like your favorite song being smashed down halfway, or the song ending (set stopping) just so the next DJ can do a useless, flowery intro?

...wow....

however after reading some of these posts, i guess i had better defend myself.

i invested a significant amount of time and money to try and make this party a success. when the idea to do a locals trance party, grooveric and relik were the first people i thought of. i have nothing but respect for them as djs. iFOR 3 WEEKS WE HAD AGREED SET TIMES. THESE SET TIMES WERE ARRANGED BASED ON WHAT THE DJS WERE GOING TO PLAY. ERIC AND RELIK WERE SCHEDULED TO PLAY A LITTLE LATER BASED ON THIER STYLE.

at some point somebody took it upon themselves to change thier time slot. i really dont know what happened but...when it was time for me to spin, there was somebody else spinning.

i really dont think its fair to say that i cut off somebodys set when it was supposed to be my time slot from the very begining.

however, even in light of having my scheduled slot hijacked from me...i just said hey, let me play 4 records.

i really put in a lot of time and money to try to make this party a success and i must say this negativity is hurtful. and i'm a little shocked at the insult by gerryc.

however, i still think that everyone did a great job.

I left feeling disappointed by the way the crowd thinned out after 2pm

the crowd didn't thin out after 2 pm... first of all

it was 2:30 AM *hint*

relik had the dancefloor actually dancing wtf was that bull shit that happened.

glad i didn't have to pay... it would have sucked to pay money to hear our locals spin for 30 fuking mins.

the crowd didn't thin out after 2 pm... first of all

it was 2:30 AM *hint*

relik had the dancefloor actually dancing wtf was that bull shit that happened.

glad i didn't have to pay... it would have sucked to pay money to hear our locals spin for 30 fuking mins.

maybe i messed up my time frame but when relik was playing at whatever time it was people were dancing. There was some confusion over the time slots i also though and it was posted on TA that at 230 or so either Relik or Eric would be playing and i had told MJM to post that info. why it got changed that I don't know. I was keeping track of the lights, the video's and running around seeing that everyone was having a good time i was not over seeing the dj line up an time slots. There was definitely miscommunications relating to the time slots and it will be a shame if this thread continues to turn uglier and bashing, but if that's the intent then proceed.

Anyone who knows me on this board for real knows that I'm not a F*****G

Asshole nor have I ever tried to screw some one over on this board, if so let me know. Thank you.

maybe i messed up my time frame but when relik was playing at whatever time it was people were dancing. There was some confusion over the time slots i also though and it was posted on TA that at 230 or so either Relik or Eric would be playing and i had told MJM to post that info. why it got changed that I don't know. I was keeping track of the lights, the video's and running around seeing that everyone was having a good time i was not over seeing the dj line up an time slots. There was definitely miscommunications relating to the time slots and it will be a shame if this thread continues to turn uglier and bashing, but if that's the intent then proceed.

Asshole nor have I ever tried to screw some one over on this board, if so let me know. Thank you.

i know you are a great guy stogs .. Thats why i left you out .. it was mainly against that place and for the interruption of reliks set . you are a kool ass cat in my book man .. Btw .. tell players they owe me $200 for a night i saved their asses and came up with a dj last minute so they could have music one night ... well actually .. they owe me $100 and dj Vic Hype $100 .. Stogiey .. stop doing businesss with those people . its not worth your rep. and you are a great guy .. Peace , Koky

the more i think about this, i feel horrible. this event was founded with the best of intentions. i guess a apology is in order to DJ Relik. I was under the understanding that i would be spinning from 230-330. when i went to the dj booth at 230, relik was spinning- i guess i assumed that he was finishing cuz i was on at 230. i certainly meant no disrespect to anyone and i was definetely not trying to steal anyone's glory. im involved in this for the fun and the love of music.

The time i was told was 2AM when i asked that night. Still if that were the case someone should have said something otherwise & be attentive to who was spinning & what time it was. I was told Relik/ Eric & Gerry would have the rest of the night thats why i asked if he goes on @ 2. But unfortunately that didn't happen & resulted in a total mix up. I don't know who put what amount of money or what not for this event but I asked early into the night what the time slots were & that what i was told. We can point fingers to everyone But even then Gerry got his time cut as well.

I didn't put in any money but threw in my time & effort to spread the word in gettng people to come & help Jorge & Carlos to make this an awesome night. But look at what a slight mix up can do. Just gotta make sure it doesn't happen again.

On a positive note.

THANK YOU for everyone that came out & made the best of it even though there was a mix up. I really appreciate you guys/gals coming out & showing some love to our friends & fellow baord memebers. I had a blast hanging with my peeps & I'm sure this MIX UP will not happen again.

Til next event.

The time i was told was 2AM when i asked that night. Still if that were the case someone should have said something otherwise & be attentive to who was spinning & what time it was. I was told Relik/ Eric & Gerry would have the rest of the night thats why i asked if he goes on @ 2. But unfortunately that didn't happen & resulted in a total mix up. I don't know who put what amount of money or what not for this event but I asked early into the night what the time slots were & that what i was told. We can point fingers to everyone But even then Gerry got his time cut as well.

I didn't put in any money but threw in my time & effort to spread the word in gettng people to come & help Jorge & Carlos to make this an awesome night. But look at what a slight mix up can do. Just gotta make sure it doesn't happen again.

On a positive note.

THANK YOU for everyone that came out & made the best of it even though there was a mix up. I really appreciate you guys/gals coming out & showing some love to our friends & fellow baord memebers. I had a blast hanging with my peeps & I'm sure this MIX UP will not happen again.

Til next event.

FUCK YOU MANNY !!! DIEE BITCH !!! YOU FUCKING LOSERRRRRR !!!!!!!

On a positive note.

Til next event.

Well said Manny and thank you very much for your help on this....

I saw u dancing ur ass off last night :D

somewhat i kept wanting to bring out these lights i had lol but since manny's are always off the chain i didnt want to compete :)

even with the confusions and crap i had a great time,

great music all night......nice seeing u out there candy.........

hmmm... *thinks hard on this one*... you guys are promoters, and you can't decide on a time slot? time slots are VERY IMPORTANT... your whole night can go down just because of one screwup in the timeslot. (we've already seen the examples)

As for greg:

Let's not turn this into a who put more money or not. This shows how lame and corrupted the promoters are. So whoever puts more money gets more time?

Don't put money over common sense. In other words, don't break the conformity of the night. If the Djs were pumping into a harder set, don't decide to go all house after the night has already gotten harder and edgier. If the DJ before you has the crowd going, then by all means, KEEP IT GOING. The only time you need to switch genres is if the crowd is dead.

You got the beginning time slot and it fulfilled its purpose. Look we all start somewhere. I had the worst gigs ever starting out... at least you had some people, I started out playing so early I was only spinning to the bartenders. I didn't get payed and sometimes I lost money, but I fulfilled the purpose of the night, to have chill music at the beginning. So don't turn into a mr superstar just because you got the crappy 1st slot and now want peaktime.

I would have told you last night too, but I really wasn't sure what was going on (because I was outside talking most of the time), but now I know, and dude that wasn't cool at all!