Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DFuse/GF/TB @ Sully NYC 11/26

groovefire

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tonight is going to be rough. i feel like death right now...my boy Scott came home from the army again so we had to go out last night. went to this little bar on the upper east side where our friend bartended. didn't charge us $1 all night, just gave him $40 each at the end. endless amounts of beers and shots. think i need a couple more hours of sleep before i head out :banghead:

had a great time... when the crowd was chanting GROOVE FIRE i had chills down my spine haha... I love them, the vibe they bring is very nice

Key parts of the night I remember...

Howie to my girlfriend: "this is the most coherant I have ever seen Mike"

Foxylady to my girlfriend: "so you like house music"?

Jenny: "no, I hate it actually"

Foxylady: "oh I see, so you're probably more into the more jazzy/latin beats"

Jenny: "um, yeah"

As soon as I walk in before midnight, running in to Howie who is already going to town on two bottles of water telling me how fucked up he is. Then having a 20 minute conversation with him about Zygo and Heineken Light.

Howie giving me his business card at the end of the night when we're saying goodbye inviting me and my girl to come to Newport.

Dancing with Brandon and his white chick (for those that don't know his SN on here is ibrandon and he is the whitest black guy ever). he seriously had some sick moves. Kind of like the black gumby.

My stupid friends leaving at 3:00am to try to go to Crobar for Tiesto only to get there and a line down the block. Just plain dumb!

I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch but overall me and Jenny had a great night as usual, especially when Todd was spinning. Todd, she loves you by the way and you scored major points when we were all talking upstairs. I'll be up to boston this friday so I hope to see some of you fuckers this weekend.

That was a really really good party. I'll be honest, I wasn't sure what to expect from a holiday weekend and from a night when Tiesto was in town and there was also a good party at Avalon NYC. But it turned out awesome. Place was packed all night. Bartlett killed it and made a lot of new fans. I got to play a long set for once because Phil and Hoska couldn't make it down, and it felt good. And DFuse rocked as always. The whole night was recorded for Groovanauts.com, but it figures, somehow my set didn't come out. So jerked because it was probably the only night in my 4 years of DJing that I didn't murder every mix lol. Oh well, we can expect some good shit from Tom and D anyway. Honestly, we received more praise from people about this night than any party we've ever done. Big big thanks to Foxy, Brian, NMN and crew, Howie, the GN crew, the NYC peeps, etc., and everyone else who came down for making this night such a huge success.

• 10 months later...