Clubplanet Nightlife Community

metro area at club love

stayed til last song at club love last night. first time hearing metro area & immediately became one of my fave djs to hear. the genre is perhaps my fave 20th century dance style: 80s-ish disco, soul, pop, & some italo-disco sounding tracks. its possible some of the tracks are actually from 90s or even now but the sound is very classic 80s r&b/disco/soul/house. I am old enough to remember wbls & kissfm & ktu circa 1980 when the records were pure gold & amazingly the metro area playlist sounds like a slice of that sound but even with some rare grooves I didnt recognize but that are in that sound.

VERY good vibe at club love. clearly a music-devoted-fixated crowd [by contrast I started at Movida- what a disappointment!! all B&T trying to look sex & the city- BARF!!]

the bouncers were very nice at club love. they were into the soulful sounds & how could you not be.

once again great vibe in there, superb music by darshan, hope metro area comes back soon im going.

heard 2 other sets similar thsi year: JOESKI played a disco/80s classics/house/funk set at that 4th ave club that closed after 3 weeks last winter: great set though.

and derrick carter's most recent spirit set was packed with his mixtape classics from the 90s, which were actually dance tracks from 70s-80s like candy staton & 100% pure love etc. I rated derricks spirit set ****1/2 out of 5 stars it was in my top 5 sets of this year & once i gather my thoughts I will figure out a rating for metro area/darshan/club love it was in the **** range surely. brilliant night & music & thanks to everyone who made that club love metro area event so so so special & righteous. PEACE

Glad you really liked the club clinton.u like the lounge with the furry cubby holes and the waterfall>we call that Fraggle Rock.kinda reminds u of it huh?did u like the bathrooms?those mirrors really mess with ya huh seeing your head upside down trying to fix your hair fucked up aint easy but its funny.ill be sure to tell u when the next afterhours is.should be soon.