Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Boombox Funked Up Review!!! ( bitches )

funketeer

boombox.jpg

Yeah, so I started getting text messages at around 6pm or so...Boombox, be there or be square...I mean, I already had it in my mind to go check B-Side and Alan Stenback share the decks...but the messages definitively gave me the extra motivation I needed and...boy am I thankful for modern day telecommunications...we're living in the future...holy molly :eek:

First of all I want to thank myself for being smart enough to show up... :biggrin:

Hooked up with my brother and cousin and headed to Boombox at around 11pm...first two familiar faces I spotted at the door...Rolly and B-Side, gracious and inviting as always, I felt welcomed from the door in (literally)...walked in and Stenback was on decks, I said hi to Diaga, Gina, Alfredo, Rick (thanks for the patron shots dude!) the night kicked off with friendly familiar faces and amazing timeless tunes...even though there's was a house undertone to the whole thing, it was more of a freestyle mix-it up deal between B-Side and Alan Stenback...never heard them share decks before but it was defintively a match made in heaven...boombox heaven baby!

It's crazy how the place has blossomed from basically being a hole in the wall to this multidimensional, comfortable, sexy little bitch of a club...an underground music lover's paradise...nothing less.

From the vinyls hanging from the ceiling to the vari-lights to the cassette wrapped walls...the place is a piece of art on itself, I can't get enough of it...I'm locking it down as one of my sure-stops fo' shizzy my nizzy...ok, bad attempt at ganstah behaviour...but hey, stop me.

Highlight of the night and everyone present would agree had to be the two little friends that jumped all over the place...two Sugar Gliders, a diminute specie of rodent from Australia that Kelly Kel and this other very nice asian looking dude had...those two little furry creatures stoled the night.

197_cracker.jpg

After hangin' out at Amika, Justin Johnson showed up at Boombox and he was automatically drawn to those little suckers, we took some really cool pics of the Sugar Gliders chillin' on his hat...those will surface later, I bet...I think Gina took'em.

I wrote my name on one of the cassettes on the wall and took a pic on the vintage camera booth with Rolly and Gina, those came out funny as f#ck, the photos are hangin' now on the wall...always nice to see Myriam, Kelly, Justin, Gina, Alan, Rolly, Rick, Alfredo, Cosmicogonón, Jimmy T, Julia, Diaga, B-Side, Cest La Vie (nice to meet you, you're drop dead gorgeous) and of course the two Sugar Gliders...yeah, those were definitively fun :)

The music went from Green Velvet's "I Don't Need This Shit" to Communards "Never Can Say Goodbye" to Earth Wind and Fire's "Boogie Wonderland"...I really liked the loose format, both Alan and B'Side went for the kill, didn't really stick to a format...but on the other hand took advantage of the situation and pulled out some nasty funky tunes that I hadn't heard in a while, let alone had the opportunity to jam on a dancefloor in well over a decade...thank you guys for the music, you freakin' rock!

cheers to everyone that made it, hope to see more familiar faces in the future...the place has it all...great sound, nice bartenders, plenty of available dancing space, comfortable sitting areas...lots of love went on to the redecoration of the venue and it shows, every inch you look at it...classy shyte mates, I'm sold!

cheers!

Funk!~

:party:

It's always a party when the FUNK is in the House :beer:

Big Ups to Rolly & Erica for the invite...

I had a blast and didn't leave until 4 something...

The hot argentenian bartender wouldn't let me leave :)

Thanks to EVERYONE who came out last night...

(too many to name.....new and old.... o.k. so i'm lazy)

but x-tra special thanks Ty & Kelly :kiss2: and thier cute little critters

and it was great finally spinnin' w/ Alan...

had a blast goin' throught the "vault of house".

"Can U Feel It?"

It's always a party when the FUNK is in the House :beer:

Big Ups to Rolly & Erica for the invite...

I had a blast and didn't leave until 4 something...

The hot argentenian bartender wouldn't let me leave :)

Thanks to EVERYONE who came out last night...

(too many to name.....new and old.... o.k. so i'm lazy)

but x-tra special thanks Ty & Kelly :kiss2: and thier cute little critters

and it was great finally spinnin' w/ Alan...

had a blast goin' throught the "vault of house".

"Can U Feel It?"

You are too kind B, I'm there first for my friends and the music...felt right at home :rock:

btw...the argentinean bartender's name is Karina :bowdown:

ok, I'm ready for my next happy ending! :beer:

thanks Rolly for the invite, true, true...