Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cheney Fights Back.....

igloo

About fucking time....including Bush and his weak-ass communication team......

CHENEY FIGHTS BACK

Wed Nov 16 2005 18:56:46 ET

Excerpts As Prepared For Delivery Tonight by Vice President Cheney

THE VICE PRESIDENT: "As most of you know, I have spent a lot of years in public service, and first came to work in Washington, D.C. back in the late 1960s. I know what it’s like to operate in a highly charged political environment, in which the players on all sides of an issue feel passionately and speak forcefully.

In such an environment people sometimes lose their cool, and yet in Washington you can ordinarily rely on some basic measure of truthfulness and good faith in the conduct of political debate. But in the last several weeks we have seen a wild departure from that tradition.

And the suggestion that’s been made by some U. S. senators that the President of the United States or any member of this Administration purposely misled the American people on pre-war intelligence is one of the most dishonest and reprehensible charges ever aired in this city...

Some of the most irresponsible comments have, of course, come from politicians who actually voted in favor of authorizing force against Saddam Hussein. These are elected officials who had access to the intelligence, and were free to draw their own conclusions.

They arrived at the same judgment about Iraq’s capabilities and intentions that was made by this Administration and by the previous Administration. There was broad-based, bipartisan agreement that Saddam Hussein was a threat … that he had violated U.N. Security Council Resolutions … and that, in a post-9/11 world, we couldn’t afford to take the word of a dictator who had a history of WMD programs, who had excluded weapons inspectors, who had defied the demands of the international community, who had been designated an official state sponsor of terror, and who had committed mass murder.

Those are facts.

What we’re hearing now is some politicians contradicting their own statements and making a play for political advantage in the middle of a war. The saddest part is that our people in uniform have been subjected to these cynical and pernicious falsehoods day in and day out. American soldiers and Marines are out there every day in dangerous conditions and desert temperatures – conducting raids, training Iraqi forces, countering attacks, seizing weapons, and capturing killers – and back home a few opportunists are suggesting they were sent into battle for a lie.

The President and I cannot prevent certain politicians from losing their memory, or their backbone – but we’re not going to sit by and let them rewrite history.

We’re going to continue throwing their own words back at them. And far more important, we’re going to continue sending a consistent message to the men and women who are fighting the war on terror in Iraq, Afghanistan, and many other fronts.

We can never say enough how much we appreciate them, and how proud they make us. They and their families can be certain: That this cause is right … and the performance of our military has been brave and honorable … and this nation will stand behind our fighting forces with pride and without wavering until the day of victory.

Developing...

TRUE!

'BOUT FOHK'N TIME MUDDAH FOKAH!

I'm sorry to say that Bush's "new tone" policy of letting the critics attacks go unanswered just doesn't work.

I say it's about fucking time the admin fights fire w/ fire and calls them out. This is a debate which needs to done. Demz wanna fight? Let's do it! Buckle up! Conservatism wins every time it's tried! When conservatives try to move to the middle and act moderate, THEY LOSE! When they stand their ground and fight for their principles, THEY ALWAYS WIN!

On the flip side, LIBERALISM never persuades anyone! Liberals have to act conservative to have a chance at winning an election. On it's face, liberalism fails miserably! It must be masked and hidden.

So, like Igloo said, It's 'bout fuck'n time! Give 'em hell Georgie and Chenney! Smoke 'em out! Show the country and the world exactly who these modern democrats are!

Fuck'n A bro! Buckle up bitchez!

Cheney calls war critics 'dishonest, reprehensible'

Nov 17, 12:54 AM (ET)

By John Whitesides, Political Correspondent

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - In the sharpest White House attack yet on critics of the Iraq war, Vice President Dick Cheney said on Wednesday that accusations the Bush administration manipulated intelligence to justify the war were a "dishonest and reprehensible" political ploy.

Cheney called Democrats "opportunists" who were peddling "cynical and pernicious falsehoods" to gain political advantage while U.S. soldiers died in Iraq.

Democrats cried foul but President George W. Bush, at a news conference in Kyongju, South Korea, defended Cheney. He said it was "patriotic as heck" to disagree with him but that Democrats were irresponsible for accusing him of misleading Americans about the threat posed by Saddam Hussein.

"What bothers me is when people are irresponsibly using their positions and playing politics. That's exactly what is taking place in America," he said.

Presidential counselor Dan Bartlett said Bush would keep fighting on the issue. He told reporters with Bush in South Korea that the criticism had reached a critical mass and that it "requires a sustained response."

The comments were the latest salvo in an aggressive White House counterattack on war critics, launched as Democrats step up their criticism of the war and polls show declining public support for the conflict.

Cheney repeated Bush's charge that Democratic critics were rewriting history by questioning prewar intelligence on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction even though many Senate Democrats voted in October 2002 to authorize the invasion.

"The president and I cannot prevent certain politicians from losing their memory, or their backbone -- but we're not going to sit by and let them rewrite history," said Cheney, a principal architect of the war and a focus of Democratic allegations the administration misrepresented intelligence on Iraq's weapons program.

Cheney said the suggestion Bush or any member of the administration misled Americans before the war "is one of the most dishonest and reprehensible charges ever aired in this city."

"Some of the most irresponsible comments have, of course, come from politicians who actually voted in favor of authorizing force against Saddam Hussein," he said in a speech to the conservative Frontiers of Freedom Institute.

Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid of Nevada responded that "tired rhetoric and political attacks do nothing to get the job done in Iraq."

Reid, who voted to authorize the war and has led the push for a probe into the intelligence, said on the Senate floor that Cheney's speech showed "this administration intends to 'stay the course' and continue putting their political fortunes ahead of what this country needs -- a plan for success."

Massachusetts Democratic Sen. John Kerry, who also voted for the war in 2002 and whom Bush defeated in the presidential election a year ago, accused Cheney of engaging "in the politics of fear and smear."

"It is hard to name a government official with less credibility on Iraq than Vice President Cheney," Kerry said.

'A PLAY FOR POLITICAL ADVANTAGE'

Bush, whose public approval ratings have dropped to the lowest point of his presidency, has given two speeches in the last five days blasting Democratic critics and trying to use their support for the war against them.

Twenty-nine Senate Democrats voted in favor of an October 2002 resolution authorizing military force in Iraq. Many have since said it was a mistake based on misleading information.

"What we're hearing now is some politicians contradicting their own statements and making a play for political advantage in the middle of a war," Cheney said.

Democrats have charged the administration, led by Cheney, manipulated the intelligence on Iraq to justify the war and leaked classified information to discredit critics.

Lewis "Scooter" Libby, a top aide to Cheney, was indicted last month for obstructing justice, perjury and lying after a probe into the leak of covert CIA operative Valerie Plame's identity. Plame's husband, former diplomat Joseph Wilson, has said she was outed to get back at him for his criticism of the war.

Administration officials have acknowledged intelligence on Iraqi weapons was faulty, but say Democrats, Republicans and foreign intelligence agencies all believed Baghdad had deadly weapons before the March 2003 U.S.-led invasion.

Cheney calls war critics 'dishonest, reprehensible'

Nov 17, 12:54 AM (ET)

By John Whitesides, Political Correspondent

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - In the sharpest White House attack yet on critics of the Iraq war, Vice President Dick Cheney said on Wednesday that accusations the Bush administration manipulated intelligence to justify the war were a "dishonest and reprehensible" political ploy.

Cheney called Democrats "opportunists" who were peddling "cynical and pernicious falsehoods" to gain political advantage while U.S. soldiers died in Iraq.

Democrats cried foul but President George W. Bush, at a news conference in Kyongju, South Korea, defended Cheney. He said it was "patriotic as heck" to disagree with him but that Democrats were irresponsible for accusing him of misleading Americans about the threat posed by Saddam Hussein.

"What bothers me is when people are irresponsibly using their positions and playing politics. That's exactly what is taking place in America," he said.

Presidential counselor Dan Bartlett said Bush would keep fighting on the issue. He told reporters with Bush in South Korea that the criticism had reached a critical mass and that it "requires a sustained response."

The comments were the latest salvo in an aggressive White House counterattack on war critics, launched as Democrats step up their criticism of the war and polls show declining public support for the conflict.

Cheney repeated Bush's charge that Democratic critics were rewriting history by questioning prewar intelligence on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction even though many Senate Democrats voted in October 2002 to authorize the invasion.

"The president and I cannot prevent certain politicians from losing their memory, or their backbone -- but we're not going to sit by and let them rewrite history," said Cheney, a principal architect of the war and a focus of Democratic allegations the administration misrepresented intelligence on Iraq's weapons program.

Cheney said the suggestion Bush or any member of the administration misled Americans before the war "is one of the most dishonest and reprehensible charges ever aired in this city."

"Some of the most irresponsible comments have, of course, come from politicians who actually voted in favor of authorizing force against Saddam Hussein," he said in a speech to the conservative Frontiers of Freedom Institute.

Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid of Nevada responded that "tired rhetoric and political attacks do nothing to get the job done in Iraq."

Reid, who voted to authorize the war and has led the push for a probe into the intelligence, said on the Senate floor that Cheney's speech showed "this administration intends to 'stay the course' and continue putting their political fortunes ahead of what this country needs -- a plan for success."

Massachusetts Democratic Sen. John Kerry, who also voted for the war in 2002 and whom Bush defeated in the presidential election a year ago, accused Cheney of engaging "in the politics of fear and smear."

"It is hard to name a government official with less credibility on Iraq than Vice President Cheney," Kerry said.

'A PLAY FOR POLITICAL ADVANTAGE'

Bush, whose public approval ratings have dropped to the lowest point of his presidency, has given two speeches in the last five days blasting Democratic critics and trying to use their support for the war against them.

Twenty-nine Senate Democrats voted in favor of an October 2002 resolution authorizing military force in Iraq. Many have since said it was a mistake based on misleading information.

"What we're hearing now is some politicians contradicting their own statements and making a play for political advantage in the middle of a war," Cheney said.

Democrats have charged the administration, led by Cheney, manipulated the intelligence on Iraq to justify the war and leaked classified information to discredit critics.

Lewis "Scooter" Libby, a top aide to Cheney, was indicted last month for obstructing justice, perjury and lying after a probe into the leak of covert CIA operative Valerie Plame's identity. Plame's husband, former diplomat Joseph Wilson, has said she was outed to get back at him for his criticism of the war.

Administration officials have acknowledged intelligence on Iraqi weapons was faulty, but say Democrats, Republicans and foreign intelligence agencies all believed Baghdad had deadly weapons before the March 2003 U.S.-led invasion.

Yes Mr. Cheney...............http://media.putfile.com/Cheney_090805

Yes Mr. Cheney...............http://media.putfile.com/Cheney_090805

Funny vid!

Actually, I don't mind that. That's funny! It also does a huge diservice to the critics cause for stooping to 2nd grade name calling, but it's still funny.

I wish that guy had his own tv and radio show. It's people like that which bring people flocking to the right. Lack of class comes to mind.

There's an entire country between NY AND CA which do their best to distance themselves from kooks like that.

And for the record, Go get 'em Georgie and Cheney! Keep pounding the critics! Eventually, you'll SMOKE 'EM ALL OUT for the world to see.

critics??? im pretty sure that was someone who was left homeless by Katrina...

i love how u fucking morons spin shit ur way

BRUTO!

IMBESIL!

MOGAGO!

DUMBASS!

That vid was in Mississippi which got completely LEVELED by Katrina. The guy screaming "go fuck yourself" was an idiot who just doesn't like Cheney. It's that simple.

As for you the cute little reference to "spinning".......Look no further than all of these Democrats w/ their pseudo-rage about WMD's after being on the record, several times, FOR YEARS(even prior to Bush taking office) claiming we needed to get rid of Saddam. You want spin, just turn on the tv.

Tag, Your it PUTA!

well, we're both guessing it was a displaced local. So neither of us really know?

As for the imbecile comment, it seems you're eating up all this democratic propaganda and re-writing of history.........hook,line and sinker. The current argument being made by demz holds no water. Historical references of the words which came out of their mouth blow a HUGE hole in their argument/s.

Just flip da' script and imagine it was repz crying foul and you had this plethora of quotes and video showing these repz completely contradicting themselves and redirecting blame on issues which they are completely saturated in. Would not point out the hypocrisy or would you just sit on your hands?

I'm just using logic and common sense. What we are witnessing is complete ignorance sprinkled w/ arrogance from todays democratic party and the handful of Repz who are either positioning themselves for the 2008 presidential election or the mid-term elections.

Pure POLITRIX on display my friend!

As for SOCOM,,,,,,HUH? Why would I be worried about SoCom or how they're treating me? I'm done, I'm out of the Navy. I did my time. I've got my medals. I went in @ 17 and was honorably discharged in 1999. I'm done. I've lived in Europe and the mid east. So, on these current issues,,,I GET IT! It's unfortunate that so many think they get it yet their posts couldn't be more wrong. Ignorance fueled by hate, masked w/ pseduo-intellect and rage play to only one crowd: The misguided and uninformed.

uve got me pegged as some democratic mouthpiece..im neither a dem nor a rep...i just speak my mind and happen to disagree with people who allow themselves to be spoonfed information by a single media outlet/group...say what u want but i dont come to a decision before evaluating the facts presented...which seems to be what u and your boyfriend igloo do..i dont understand how u can just follow along with a crowd just because u consider urself a member..w/out taking into consideration someone elses views

uve got me pegged as some democratic mouthpiece..im neither a dem nor a rep...i just speak my mind and happen to disagree with people who allow themselves to be spoonfed information by a single media outlet/group...say what u want but i dont come to a decision before evaluating the facts presented...which seems to be what u and your boyfriend igloo do..i dont understand how u can just follow along with a crowd just because u consider urself a member..w/out taking into consideration someone elses views

You are defintely not a dem mouthpeice...just an ignorant douchebag.........and here is a news flash schmuck.....just because someone agrees with a Bush administration policy, or disagrees with your misguided, ignorant, moronic views, does not mean they they "went along with the crowd", or did not factor in both sides of an issue.....to think that demonstrates your ignorance and intellectually bankrupt views......if anything in this country, it is the majority of those who are aligned against the policies of the Bush administration who "have just gone along with the crowd".....people like bigpoops who think it is trendy to be anti-Bush, and jerkoffs like you who think that taking anti-American stances elevates them to some false sense of elitism.......

trendy?! :rofl:

I have always been "anti-bush" (i'm actually anti-conservative retards in general, not just bush)

which makes you a bigger douchebag that I thought....and dumber Mr. Unholy alliance..............shut the fuck up--everytime you post, you stick your foot up your twat

You are defintely not a dem mouthpeice...just an ignorant douchebag.........and here is a news flash schmuck.....just because someone agrees with a Bush administration policy, or disagrees with your misguided, ignorant, moronic views, does not mean they they "went along with the crowd", or did not factor in both sides of an issue.....to think that demonstrates your ignorance and intellectually bankrupt views......if anything in this country, it is the majority of those who are aligned against the policies of the Bush administration who "have just gone along with the crowd".....people like bigpoops who think it is trendy to be anti-Bush, and jerkoffs like you who think that taking anti-American stances elevates them to some false sense of elitism.......

some of ur stances really lead me to believe that udont take into consideration an alternative view...or u just ate a whole lot of paint chips as a child..

some of ur stances really lead me to believe that udont take into consideration an alternative view...or u just ate a whole lot of paint chips as a child..

Paint chips, perhaps........but taking in alternative views..all the time, which makes me confident in my assessment that people like you, or bigpoops, are ignorant, ill-informed, regurgitators......