Clubplanet Nightlife Community

2006 FIFA World Cup

pookie23

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grosso, Zambrotta and Buffoon are the MVPs of this tournament hands down.

Also in better news, Inter finally sealed the deal and signed Grosso from Palermo.

Even though I like Portugal better, I want France to win so we can finally get payback for them knocking us out on penalties in WC '98 and losing to faggy Trezeguet's golden goal in Euro 2000.

he kicked fucking carvalho in the nuts..TWICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wtf do u expect man....a warning???? and on top of it..he took it out on carvalho because ferreira broke his fucking foot in the 3 goal thrashing Chelsea gave Man U when Ferreira broke Rooneys leg

u r the exact reasons why americans shouldnt be permitted to watch the world cup...u duno didddddly

U dont know diddly according to Vic

because my WTF Rooney was meant WTF are you thinking ur right next to the ref. so even though it was questionable in his intent and the actual force applied with his foot as he was trying to get out of that scrum . Of coourse the ref woulld card him.

my original statment was about every play that went on a Port player was taking a dive and ronaldpo coming over crying for the red

And your the exact reason we shouldnt let 3rd world, last place in the world cup , genocidal gypsies into this great country of ours:moon:

i could care less about any Man U player...that poundin we gave them @ the end of the season made me smile from ear to ear

lampard did us all proud this world cup

does that guy ever finishoff chances in EPL??

yeh he couldnt buy a goal either

ferdinand and both Coles played well for eng.

thats about it

wrong...Terry was by far the best England player this WC...John's a fucking warrior..he should def be captain not that schoolboy bitch Becks

he kicked fucking carvalho in the nuts..TWICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wtf do u expect man....a warning????

LONDON (AP) - In his first public comments since being sent off against Portugal at the World Cup, England star Wayne Rooney says he was "gobsmacked" when referee Horacio Elizondo produced a red card.

The incident occurred in the 62nd minute when Rooney broke through two tacklers, then stomped on the prone Carvalho's groin. England went on to lose the quarter-final in a penalty shootout.

"I remember the incident clearly and have seen it several times since on TV," the Manchester United striker said in a statement. "I am of the same opinion now as I was at the time, that what happened didn't warrant a red card. If anything I feel we should have had a free kick for the fouls committed on me during the same incident.

"I want to say absolutely categorically I did not intentionally put my foot down on Ricardo Carvalho. He slid in from behind me and unfortunately ended up in a position where my foot was inevitably going to end up as I kept my balance. That's all there was to it. From what I've seen in the World Cup, most players would have gone to ground at the slightest contact but my only thought then was to keep possession for England."

Portuguese winger Cristiano Ronaldo ran up to the referee to protest Rooney's actions, getting a shove from his United teammate in the process.

"When the referee produced the red card I was amazed, gobsmacked," Rooney said. "I bear no ill feeling to Cristiano (Ronaldo) but I am disappointed he chose to get involved. I suppose I do, though, have to remember on that particular occasion we were not teammates."

Ronaldo, who was caught winking to the Portugal bench after Rooney was ejected, denied a rift between the two.

"Dreadful things have been said about me and my teammate and friend Rooney," Ronaldo said in a column on his agent's Web site, www.gestifute.com.

"There is no problem at all between me and Rooney. I insist: no problem at all. At the end of the game, we exchanged a series of text messages just as we had on the day before. This reinforces that I have a fine relationship with Rooney."

British papers reported the Ronaldo and Rooney statements and text messages appear to be an attempt at a peace bid brokered by United manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

But The Sun reported that Rooney still is in no mood to make up, saying he had confided to teammates the only way he would like "to bury the hatchet is in Ronaldo's head."

Elizondo, speaking to The Times, said he sent off Rooney for lashing out with his boot and catching the defender in the groin, not for the 20-year-old's push on Ronaldo.

"It was violent play and therefore he got a red card," the Argentine official said in Frankfurt.

Said Rooney: "If you ask any player and indeed almost any fan, they will tell you that I am straight and honest in the way I play."

The referee said Ronaldo had not played a part in the decision to show the red card.

"People can say what they want, but this had absolutely no influence," Elizondo said. "For me it was a clear red card, so I didn't react to the Portuguese players. There was pushing and shoving on both sides, but for me it wasn't a reason to caution anybody."

The head of England's Professional Footballers' Association condemned Ronaldo's actions.

"It's always disappointing to see players from one team looking to get players from another sent off, be it the Premier League, be it the Football League, be it a World Cup," chief executive Gordon Taylor told Sky Sports News. "But it's doubly disappointing when they are colleagues from the same club side. From my point of view, that was hard to stomach."

Ronaldo had earlier talked of moving to Real Madrid, but it appears that door has closed after Juan Miguel Villar Mir, who had promised to lure the Portugal winger there, lost the election for Real president.

Innocent bystanders, meanwhile, appearing to be paying the price for Ronaldo's actions.

any chance ronaldo stays at Manu now?

?

Shit, I wish we can revenge now for Euro 2000 - but France is tough. However, I think we can take them on wing play, as Malouda and Ribery in the midfield, and Sagnol and Abidal in the back are all prone to error. Even though they got this far, lets be honest, Ribery and Dhorasoo have no business being on this team, if Giuly cannot make it.

any chance ronaldo stays at Manu now?

?

Ferguson can't sell him, as he is miles away from Darren Fletcher or the ancient Ryan Giggs.

Also, another thing that doesn't make any sense is how Domenech rates Saha ahead of Trezeguet. David should be starting.

Shit, I wish we can revenge now for Euro 2000 - but France is tough. However, I think we can take them on wing play, as Malouda and Ribery in the midfield, and Sagnol and Abidal in the back are all prone to error. Even though they got this far, lets be honest, Ribery and Dhorasoo have no business being on this team, if Giuly cannot make it.

i agree with dhorasoo, but ribery has shown why he is there.

exactly how is italy gonna play on the wings? they dont have great wingers. italy plays up the middle with pirlo and totti. again, the game will be decided in the midfield and who can impose its will.

and we come up with the eternal question, do you change the way you play depending on the team you are playing, or do you stick with what you do best?

i would suggest that lippi discard the 4-5-1 and use iaquinta along with toni up front. iaquinta is faster and could pose problems.

whats up with all these teams using a lone striker, goddam this system sucks.

Ferguson can't sell him, as he is miles away from Darren Fletcher or the ancient Ryan Giggs.

it all depends. only rooney and ronaldo know what happened, up to this point its all been conjecture on the part of the press. if there is really a problem, now is as goood a time to get rid of ronaldo as ever. kid had a pretty good WC, even though he spends more time faking fouls than actually playing, his stock is at an all time high.

if he waits and doesnt sell and things get ugly, then that will drive his price down as manchester will be desperate to get rid of him.

exactly how is italy gonna play on the wings?

Zambrotta has been absolutely stellar, and Mauro Camoranesi has recently played well. Yes, the focus of Italy's attack lies w/ a deep-lying playmaker in Pirlo and a regular number 10 in Totti. However, do you think both players will be given the same space to create and attack by Vieira and Makelele? France has arguably the best defensive midfielders in the world, so playing on the wings will take pressure off in the middle by forcing Vieira and Makelele to come out to the sides more.

i would suggest that lippi discard the 4-5-1 and use iaquinta along with toni up front. iaquinta is faster and could pose problems.

whats up with all these teams using a lone striker, goddam this system sucks.

The problem is by playing with two strikers, Totti cannot be on the team. You cannot move him back into central midfield as his forte is definitely not winning balls. Also Iaquinta is better coming on as a sub, so he give an energy boost to the attack. Similiar to Del Piero.

it all depends. only rooney and ronaldo know what happened, up to this point its all been conjecture on the part of the press. if there is really a problem, now is as goood a time to get rid of ronaldo as ever. kid had a pretty good WC, even though he spends more time faking fouls than actually playing, his stock is at an all time high.

if he waits and doesnt sell and things get ugly, then that will drive his price down as manchester will be desperate to get rid of him.

There aren't many strong wingers available on the market. United really cannot afford a Joaquin or Vincente.

Also, it must suck now for you to be a Liverpool fan. Benitez was going to finalize the sale of Cisse to Lyon or Marseille on the day he broke his leg against China. Moreover, he was going to use the funds he got from the sale to purchase Simao and sother players. The Liverpool board won't provide him now w/ any cash.

BTW, bringing Bellamy onboard was really fucking retarded.

There aren't many strong wingers available on the market. United really cannot afford a Joaquin or Vincente.

Also, it must suck now for you to be a Liverpool fan. Benitez was going to finalize the sale of Cisse to Lyon or Marseille on the day he broke his leg against China. Moreover, he was going to use the funds he got from the sale to purchase Simao and sother players. The Liverpool board won't provide him now w/ any cash.

BTW, bringing Bellamy onboard was really fucking retarded.

dude, if liverpool is actually going after joaquin, that means manchester has the money to go after him as well. sell ronaldo, and you get the $ to go after him. lopera is finally selling betis, he was the one keeping joaquin on the team, now that he's selling the club there is no better time to go after him.

bellamy wont be a starter, liverpool has had lotsa injuries, hes a good addition to add depth into the squad. come february and march its when you need to have a deep squad to get past the knowckout stages of the CL while remaining in contention in the league and domestic cup competitions.

apparently marseille is still interested in signing him regardless of his injury. ribery might leave after the WC as his stock has risen from the tournament as good a time to cash in.

they finally got the work permit for mark gonzales and signed fabio aurelio from valencia - rafa has yet to dissapoint.

The problem is by playing with two strikers, Totti cannot be on the team. You cannot move him back into central midfield as his forte is definitely not winning balls. Also Iaquinta is better coming on as a sub, so he give an energy boost to the attack. Similiar to Del Piero.

you dont need to move him to central midfield, you move him behind the two srikers and the midfield. have pirlo fill the role of the central midfielder and give totti the liberty to move between the midfield and the fwd, line which is where he is best. he has liberty of movement at roma even though they tend to play withj only 1 true striker at roma as well, but mancini attacks so much that gives him more liberty in moving between each line.