Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do you Snowboard???

vaughanz

Just came out a week ago. I am gonna definitely check it out this week. If you snowboard, it's a must see! getting great reviews and just looks great...

http://www.firstdescentmovie.com/

Watch the trailer all the way through... it's a big-screen, big-budget "documentary" about the sport with some INSANE snowboarding... no actors... the real deal...

At the end of the trailer, you'll see a clip of Terje Haakonsen staring down an insane line where he kicks off an avalanche... rides his heart of trying to beat-out the avalanche!!! SICK!!!

I've been skateboardin since I was 8 years old, it was about 7 years ago that I tried snowboardin' for the first time...went to Heavenly (Lake Tahoe), strapped the board, took some basic directions....next day, I launched off from the black diamond trail...yeah baby, took a couple of bad falls...but soon enough I felt right at home...just last year I went ot Taos (New Mexico) the slopes aren't as sophisticated as Tahoe's but had lots of fun...I don't own a board, but rentals always have killer stick to pick from, last years I rented a tephlon based santa cruz board, light and fexible...I've never tried a sport that is as demanding physically and it is mentally, the rush is way beyond compare...the first night after riding you crash into bed like a stampede of buffalos had ran you over, three days later, you feel muscles you never knew you had...can't wait for my next snowboarding trip...maybe next year.

killer trailer :rock:

Yes. I use a Bics pen cap as my board.

oh man too funny

started out skiing then switched to boarding and was going down blacks(east coast) by the second day though i almost broke my hip...since then have been to tahoe twice(last yr they got 20ft of snow the week i was there),vail, snowbird, and jackson hole and have to say that j.hole is the most challenging mountain of them all plus it has the highest vertical in america...hope to go heliboarding as soon as i get some money together