Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Opinions???

rayrays69

Alright guys tell me what you think of this. When I go out to hear a big name DJ, such as Morillo, Roger Sanchez, Steve Lawler, Danny Howells, etc...... I expect them to drop tracks, that I never heard before, and, or, are just plain impossible to get from anykind of store or download function. These are susposed to be the guys who get the tracks way way way before anyone else. These guys should have acces to tracks months or years before they ever get released. To me this is what seperates a good DJ from a great DJ. Do you agree, or is it me expecting to much from the guys who pretty much dictate the industry.

Thats how its alwasy been since day one djs play tracks for months and even yrs (david morales, danny tenaglia) b4 anyone else gets them or released, larry levan over at the paradise garage would play songs each week that after the night was over poeple would go to vinyl mania to get them but would never find them until like 9 to 10 months later.

Junior vasquez had so many exclusive stuff during his soundfactory(original 27th st) days that every dj would be in the hosue hearing him, (jonathan peters, angel moraes, steve travolta, victor calderone, roger sanchez,etc)

Great djs still do it make their own stuff i love when people come up to me at danny tenaglia parties and are like "yo bull wus this track man shit is hot i gotta cop it" i love givin them the response "you'll never get it, its dannys own exclusive", happen like 4 times at show last night. THATS A GREAT DJ.

So ray ray your right in expecting a dj to play songs that you wouldnt know as well as songs that you do know. Also depens on the frequency of the dj playing the city and the venue, keep that in mind.

I think i may be neutral in this!! Its great hearing new stuff out granted especially if its a bomb track that brings the venue up!! so in that aspect i will agree.... but i do also love when they bring back an oldie and make it there own by remixing.... looping it and tearing it apart.... or just playin it as is.... But i do feel that it is the creativity of the dj of how he plays both new tracks and old!! that makes a dj great!! It does suck though if you are a music lover and you cant get the song maybe never or not until 6-8 months down the road!!

To me though it remains the vibe of the venue!! cause im always having fun but if the venue erupts!! im goin f**king nuts!!

Alright guys tell me what you think of this. When I go out to hear a big name DJ, such as Morillo, Roger Sanchez, Steve Lawler, Danny Howells, etc...... I expect them to drop tracks, that I never heard before, and, or, are just plain impossible to get from anykind of store or download function. These are susposed to be the guys who get the tracks way way way before anyone else. These guys should have acces to tracks months or years before they ever get released. To me this is what seperates a good DJ from a great DJ. Do you agree, or is it me expecting to much from the guys who pretty much dictate the industry.

I really dont think that says that their a great dj. I think it just says that they have a tight scedule so record labels and producers are gonna send them their tracks hoping they play them. the dj can sux but if they got a tight scedule then they gonan get tracks ahead of time. Also even if the dj dont have a tight scedule but their a legendary dj or they been the game for a long time then they will get the tracks as well, cause labels and record stores like to put that next to their track that This tracks gets big play or gets a thumbs up from So and So dj.

• 2 weeks later...

stop downloading tracks and you won't have this problem :)

Thats how its alwasy been since day one djs play tracks for months and even yrs (david morales, danny tenaglia) b4 anyone else gets them or released, larry levan over at the paradise garage would play songs each week that after the night was over poeple would go to vinyl mania to get them but would never find them until like 9 to 10 months later.

Junior vasquez had so many exclusive stuff during his soundfactory(original 27th st) days that every dj would be in the hosue hearing him, (jonathan peters, angel moraes, steve travolta, victor calderone, roger sanchez,etc)

Great djs still do it make their own stuff i love when people come up to me at danny tenaglia parties and are like "yo bull wus this track man shit is hot i gotta cop it" i love givin them the response "you'll never get it, its dannys own exclusive", happen like 4 times at show last night. THATS A GREAT DJ.

So ray ray your right in expecting a dj to play songs that you wouldnt know as well as songs that you do know. Also depens on the frequency of the dj playing the city and the venue, keep that in mind.

If Larry ever said "Hey Silverbull lick my ass" you would do it wouldnt ya?