Clubplanet Nightlife Community

best PC program for DJ's

i have both now on my apple.... FS works great for house and with Pioneer CDJ 1000's.....all functions work.... but for seriouse hip hop and fast scratching i use the serato.... it responds faster.....both you need a fast lab top and imo a apple is the better way to go....and when you do set it up....make as many seperate folders as possible try not to have more thena 1000 songs in each folder....will slow down load time for when switching from folder to folder or genre of music

i have both now on my apple.... FS works great for house and with Pioneer CDJ 1000's.....all functions work.... but for seriouse hip hop and fast scratching i use the serato.... it responds faster.....both you need a fast lab top and imo a apple is the better way to go....and when you do set it up....make as many seperate folders as possible try not to have more thena 1000 songs in each folder....will slow down load time for when switching from folder to folder or genre of music

i agree for hip hop serato is better and i think for dance/house final scratch is the way to go

and between Rane Serato and Stanton Final Scratch I would have to say the Rane system wins out with better processing, Analog simulation and quicker response time (lower latency). As for straight DJ Software I'm a huge fan of Native Instruments Traktor DJ and version 3 of Traktor is awesome. I wouldn't use a laptop in a DJ situation however, they tend to not have the best processing capablilities and sometimes overheat. After my research I've decided to upgrade to the Traktor 3 version and pick up a Creation Station rack mounted audio PC from Sweetwater here is the link,

http://www.sweetwater.com/creation_station/rack.php

for a few more $ than a laptop, it's well worth it for a DJ.

Just my 2 cents.

and between Rane Serato and Stanton Final Scratch I would have to say the Rane system wins out with better processing, Analog simulation and quicker response time (lower latency). As for straight DJ Software I'm a huge fan of Native Instruments Traktor DJ and version 3 of Traktor is awesome. I wouldn't use a laptop in a DJ situation however, they tend to not have the best processing capablilities and sometimes overheat. After my research I've decided to upgrade to the Traktor 3 version and pick up a Creation Station rack mounted audio PC from Sweetwater here is the link,

http://www.sweetwater.com/creation_station/rack.php

for a few more $ than a laptop, it's well worth it for a DJ.

Just my 2 cents.

so your gonna lug around a rackmount pc in a big ass road case to all your gigs? might as well just stick to vinyl, it'd probably weight LESS then that PC

laptops are fine as long as they are designed properly. I know many people who spin professionally that use Apple powerbooks and Dell Inspiron notebooks with no problems with heat, etc.

so your gonna lug around a rackmount pc in a big ass road case to all your gigs? might as well just stick to vinyl, it'd probably weight LESS then that PC

laptops are fine as long as they are designed properly. I know many people who spin professionally that use Apple powerbooks and Dell Inspiron notebooks with no problems with heat, etc.

i use it 4-5 nights a week and never had a problem...i have a apple ibook g4

But I've also heard horror stories about failures, but that goes for pretty much any piece of electronic equipment. As for carrying the Sweetwater Creation Station rack, it's not much bigger or heavier than carrying a laptop or racked CD decks, as long as you can get a light flat panel monitor. I just think it's a great product for DJ's, and only a little more $ than a top laptop or Apple. Personally I used to and still do carry vinyl, not as much these days, so carrying equipment doesn't bother me. If you can't carry your music and equipment, get a roadie or retire!

Happy New Year