Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New Years.....Carl Cox ....Calderone or BOTH?

Whos doing what? I just went on ********* today and to my surprise they lowered the ticket prices for Carl Cox back down to 75.....that's a pretty good deal for such a big dj on New Years. I was gonna go to crobar afterhours for victor even though I think he's boring there's really nowhere else to go except for roseland which is out of the question.......So who's going to see Carl Cox pre-afterhours this NYE?

Whos doing what? I just went on ********* today and to my surprise they lowered the ticket prices for Carl Cox back down to 75.....that's a pretty good deal for such a big dj on New Years. I was gonna go to crobar afterhours for victor even though I think he's boring there's really nowhere else to go except for roseland which is out of the question.......So who's going to see Carl Cox pre-afterhours this NYE?

I would say if your are goin out early to go to Cox!! i have not been to Pacha yet but Cox by far is the best thing goin on early or pre afterhours!! i was at his last show when he was at crobar!! he is insane.... he is one of my favs... if i was goin to be in the city early thats where i would be!! well good luck decieding and Enjoy the holiday!!!!

Carl Cox at Pacha=empty NYE party

Most ppl are gonna be at either JP, Crobar for Calderone and Boris, or maybe even Roxy with JV. Im sure Cox will play the best shit out of all of em put together, but seems like they have a hard time getting ppl to buy tix. Not only did they lower it back to $75, but they added Steve Lawler the nite before for free. I guess it has a ruined rep. after the shit that happened when Morillo played on the Grand Opening/Grand Closing.

Most ppl are gonna be at either JP, Crobar for Calderone and Boris, or maybe even Roxy with JV. Im sure Cox will play the best shit out of all of em put together, but seems like they have a hard time getting ppl to buy tix. Not only did they lower it back to $75, but they added Steve Lawler the nite before for free. I guess it has a ruined rep. after the shit that happened when Morillo played on the Grand Opening/Grand Closing.

No way every big club in NYc will be packed

COX = EMPTY!! i highly doubt it!! if so i will be very very surprised!! like previously stated its NYE and everyone plus tourists comes out to NY.... its not just the regular party goers!! yes granted the "pacha" experience has not had the greatest opening but i bet it will pick up after the new year!!

go to cox. you will not regret it.

-

calderone? nowhere near cox, but if you must go out then....

I'm staying home for New Years,I go to Roxy just about every Saturday.I'll go out Sunday nite to Spirit to hear DJ ESCAPE,from there head over to Pacha.I use to be a big fan of Calderone,but lately he does nothing for me,I enjoy his earlier cd's,but his Tribal sets are a bit too much for me,gives me a headache.

This shouldnt even be a question definately Carl Cox. Victor plays his own genre of music which should be coined "tribal monotony" it's the same boring music that goes nowhere....Personally i dont see his appeal.......Have a good new years tho regardless of who you choose to see

Bro where do u come up with this stuff hahaha empt for carl cox are u crazy?

Bro where do u come up with this stuff hahaha empt for carl cox are u crazy?

I dunno, lets think about that for a sec. Lower door prices than stated on flyer (something that never happens in this fuckin city with pre-sales), admission to previous nite for free, not to mention that the guido following is pretty much goin to JP, who else is left ? Hardcore music fans who strictly love techno and wanna hear Carl Cox spin ? Thats only a few heads right there. Its obviously not gonna be empty, but I wouldnt expect the place to be packed with 3000 heads either. The key to success of any big club is to make its mark on its first opening day. Pacha hasnt done shit except close back up after it opened. Most ppl who go out regularly havent even checked the place out or ventured to go. Pacha is the equivalent of Exit after it opened up as black/ikon/etc. Same shit basically with diff. name. Unless JP spins there again, I wouldnt expect huge turnouts like it once had. Then again, Pacha could be filled with Models and Bottles and that would make the majority of the crowd. At this point, who gives a shit really ?

I dunno, lets think about that for a sec. Lower door prices than stated on flyer (something that never happens in this fuckin city with pre-sales), admission to previous nite for free, not to mention that the guido following is pretty much goin to JP, who else is left ? Hardcore music fans who strictly love techno and wanna hear Carl Cox spin ? Thats only a few heads right there. Its obviously not gonna be empty, but I wouldnt expect the place to be packed with 3000 heads either. The key to success of any big club is to make its mark on its first opening day. Pacha hasnt done shit except close back up after it opened. Most ppl who go out regularly havent even checked the place out or ventured to go. Pacha is the equivalent of Exit after it opened up as black/ikon/etc. Same shit basically with diff. name. Unless JP spins there again, I wouldnt expect huge turnouts like it once had. Then again, Pacha could be filled with Models and Bottles and that would make the majority of the crowd. At this point, who gives a shit really ?
Hes got a point! This is NYC, and NO club in NYC lowers their door price a few days before NYE, and gives comps to the evening before NYE with purchase of NYE tickets!

Me thinks, they have not sold the amount of tickets they thought they would!

Lets face it, when in NYC do YOU ever remember getting bargains for NYE?