Clubplanet Nightlife Community

never kiss a guy during a staredown

tastey

when i was in a ju-jutsu tournament a year back or so i fought against a real pseudo-badass... laughable... anyway, when we were on the ground and he was still so trying to be cool i gave him a kiss on the cheek... he got totally wild lmao... and i got disqualified... wwas worth it though :laugh:

when i was in a ju-jutsu tournament a year back or so i fought against a real pseudo-badass... laughable... anyway, when we were on the ground and he was still so trying to be cool i gave him a kiss on the cheek... he got totally wild lmao... and i got disqualified... wwas worth it though :laugh:

Brazilian?

ju-jutsu is not jiu-jitsu

ju-jutsu has elements of jiu-jitsu in it but also standup fighting influences like thaiboxing and kickboxing... brazilian jiu-jitsu is basically ground fighting only while ju-jutsu is more of a mixed martial art

Technical characteristics

Although there is some diversity in the actual look and techniques of the various traditional jujutsu systems, there are significant technical similarities:

* Students learn traditional jujutsu primarily by observation and imitation as patterned by the ryu's kata (prearranged forms).

* Most kata emphasize joint-locking techniques, that is threatening a joint's integrity by placing pressure on it in a direction contrary to its normal function, or take-down or throwing techniques, or a combination of take-downs and joint-locks.

* Sometimes atemi (strikes) are targeted to some vulnerable area of the body will be used to help create kuzushi (the art of breaking balance) or otherwise set-up the opponent for a lock, take-down or throw.

* In Ju Jitsu either force meets force directly (hard style), or force of an attack is used to facilitate a defensive couter attack (soft style). In general, there is great emphasis placed on maintaining the attackers flow of momentum (which follows from the art's name, in which ju connotes pliability and suppleness.

* Movements tend to emphasize circularity, and capitalize on an attacker's momentum and openings in order to place a joint in a compromised position or to break balance as preparatory for a take-down or throw.

* The defender's own body is positioned so as to take optimal advantage of the attacker's weaknesses while simultaneously presenting as few openings or weaknesses of its own.

ju-jutsu is not jiu-jitsu

ju-jutsu has elements of jiu-jitsu in it but also standup fighting influences like thaiboxing and kickboxing... brazilian jiu-jitsu is basically ground fighting only while ju-jutsu is more of a mixed martial art

In the states, we mainly refer to this as Vale Tudo.

whoa that video is hella cool too

the art of the slam... my favorite moves... fuck those overly complicated japanese judo throws... pick em up and throw em down

http://www.youtube.com/w/Art-of-the-Slam-HL-by-SupaXiaolinT?v=aj_FYMsNdD4&search=boxing%20MMA%20Martial%20Arts%20owned

imagine these with concrete under the dude...

Half of the victims werte stubborn assholes who wouldn't give up the bottom guard position.

In the states, we mainly refer to this as Vale Tudo.

i did vale tudo when i was still living in another city, where i live now there sadly is no vale tudo school, so i had to choose a different freestyle school and landed at ju-jutsu... the school is also only like 10 minutes by foot from where i live so it´s very conveniant

in ju-jutsu you do much more traditional training with classic judo throws and stuff while in vale tudo it was a lot less style and a lot more effectiveness, or so i perceived it... style which usually goes out the out the window during the randori (=freestyle) part of the training of course ;)