Clubplanet Nightlife Community

why do you dance?

weyes

as far back as i can remember i've been surrounded by dance. i went to a really liberal teeny school when i was little and they taught us "movement." i hated it at the time when they told me to "be a color" and stuff like that, but i think, for me, that's where it all began.

ever since, i've needed to dance - to so many different kinds of music, because i was feeling sad, angry, happy, silly, or didn't know how i felt. i have to go to a party at least once a month (i'm broke); it's my reset button.

it wasn't until recently that i've met SO MANY people who not only don't feel the need to dance (as i do), but who don't dance at all. they can't seem to explain why they don't dance, so i'm asking everyone i can the following very important question:

WHY DO YOU DANCE? WHAT MAKES YOU FEEL LIKE YOU HAVE TO MOVE AND WHAT MAKES YOU MOVE?

fuck; if you remixed the sound of my sneakers on the floor when i danced i'd dance to that.

For me it's all about celebrating my humanity. That's a big part of why I like to go out and get surrounding my wiggling happy people.

I love it for the crowd, the beat, the movement, and the grace.

------------------

"Buckle up"

-she knows who she is.

i feel love around me.....easier to give and recieve smiles from people..its fun...and i like to bounce......dont ask why.....just love to move (i guess its all the 9-5 stiffness relieving itself)

------------------

Wormdive.gif

AIM: ZUinc2000

E-Mail: ZUinc99@aol.com

I can't imagine life without dancing!! It's a natural thing to move - when a beat kicks in, it grows even greater!

- Meli -

------------------

bubbles_06b.icobubbles_02.icobubbles_07.icobubbles_04.icobubbles_01.ico

"MeliChaCha -- Saving the world before bedtime... wait... I'm supposed to SLEEP?!"

... and to all my people, "Peace -- and Humpty-ness forever!"

AIM: MeliChaCha

E-MAIL: MeliChaCha@powerpuff.com <--- new addy!

OR MeliChaCha@aol.com

Originally posted by trevor69:

there is only one reason why i dance...it's the EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...woo hoo

what's up with that? i see kids at parties who just seem to be there to get fucked up. what about the music? are they just not feeling it? first of all, how can they not, and second of all, why are they there if they don't? they could just as easily be sitting at home and saving some cash (which could be well spent on more e).

Why not dance? and for all you people who take like 5 hits of e to dance.. you dont know how retarted some of you look... not to diss on anyone.. but i know you have all seen that guy at twilo on fridays(hes a lil raver, usually around the floor by jrs booth) that dances so off beat by like 3x faster then the beat of the music.. all his friends sit and look at him like hes this great dancer.. i think everyone else looks at him like hes an ass... personally i would rather dance SOBER!

------------------

~LiPz~

aim:LikmyLipz

/>http://hometown.aol.com/lipzlipzlipz/LIPZ.html

biglicks.gif

I DANCE CAUSE WHEN THE BASS HITS IT IS AN AOUTMATIC ADRENALINE RUSH THAT TRIGGERS MY BODY TO START MOVING AND BOUNCING

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"TO EACH HIS OWN" not sure by who but i like it

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

chick.gif

Originally posted by LikmyLipz:

you dont know how retarted some of you look... not to diss on anyone..

STFU... that could be you sober... not to diss YOU of course... asswipe... choose your words better next time.

------------------

Dream a little dream... and fawk the dejavus and nightmares!

caveman.gif

Originally posted by ezdreamer:

STFU... that could be you sober... not to diss YOU of course... asswipe... choose your words better next time.

WHY DONT YOU STFU.. I GO CLUBBING FOR THE MUSIC NOT FOR THE DRUGS.. THE MUSIC IS JUST AS GOOD, IF NOT BETTER WHEN IM SOBER.. IM TALKING ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO GO CLUBBING FOR THE DRUGS NOT THE MUSIC.. THEY JUST TAKE UP THE SPACE FOR THE PEOPLE WHO REALLY ENJOY THE MUSIC!

------------------

~LiPz~

aim:LikmyLipz

/>http://hometown.aol.com/lipzlipzlipz/LIPZ.html

biglicks.gif

Originally posted by LikmyLipz:

WHY DONT YOU STFU.. I GO CLUBBING FOR THE MUSIC NOT FOR THE DRUGS.. THE MUSIC IS JUST AS GOOD, IF NOT BETTER WHEN IM SOBER.. IM TALKING ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO GO CLUBBING FOR THE DRUGS NOT THE MUSIC.. THEY JUST TAKE UP THE SPACE FOR THE PEOPLE WHO REALLY ENJOY THE MUSIC!

Blah, blah, blah, eat me... put them lips to good use honey...

------------------

Dream a little dream... and fawk the dejavus and nightmares!

caveman.gif

ok, i've gotta talk a little bit about the whole "kids who just go to get fucked up outta their minds" thing. i talk to kids at parties a lot; i'm really outgoing and i get hella chatty. i roll, too, but that's not the primary reason for my going. there was a kid i talked to once who said something along the lines of "tonight i'm on four hits of e, two of acid, and me and my friends did three jars of k." then the guy told me what an expensive night it had been. that was his summary of the night - no mention of the music or the dancing. and i think that maybe this kid was there because he had no other place to go to do all the shit he was doing (he's kinda young). i think that's so fucking lame. the guy wasn't even enjoying his surroundings, so even if i weren't talking about the whole dancing thing (which i was originally trying to), what was the point of his being there anyway?

but i first started this topic 'cause i wanted to know about dance and what it means to everybody - you know, what drives us to do it. i wanted people to really tell me what it's all about for them. when and where did it begin for everybody, and how does it make you feel? did anybody teach you to dance? how do you dance? do you dance alone or with other people?

i dance a little everyday. you've probably seen me around, gettin' ridiculous on the subway platform.