Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A motorcycle PSA for all the oblivious drivers out there

ou812

werd

in a similar situation at night some guy drove into my side with his car (luckily at low speed) when i was still driving my bmw bike.

luckily the bmw has a boxer engine that stands out at the sides, and i had a reenforced crash bar around them installed. took the whole impact, and i just slided a little down the road. no harm done to me or the enginge, just some scratches on me and the bike, and the crash cage around the boxer was bent and cracked in half. with a regular bike it would have been my leg that would have taken the impact, i lucked out.

now with my thunderace i drive pretty careful in situations like this, try to definately make out if the driver sees me or not, check if i can change into the oncoming traffic lane should he drive.

thunderace.gif

revs up to 14500 till it gets red

ou if i recall correctly you got an r1, that´s like 16000 rpm right?

No, I have a GSXR-1000 like the picture in my sig, it redlines at 13,500. :)

http://www.gixxer.com/uploads/Gauge3.JPG

BTW, that old Yamaha Thunderace up there redlines at 11,500rpms not 14K ;)

http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcyam/1996_ace.html

Yamaha is reknowed for putting bullshit numbers in their ad campaigns. 2 years ago they claimed the new R1 made 180 hp. On actual dynos it was making more like 150.

The new 2006 R6 Yamaha claimed in all their pre-release hype had a 17,500 rpm redline, but their marketing team got busted when tuners found out the signal coming from the ECU was around 1,000 off. Since then they pulled all mention of the number 17,500 from their website and ad campaigns, LOL.

No, I have a GSXR-1000 like the picture in my sig, it redlines at 13,500. :)

http://www.gixxer.com/uploads/Gauge3.JPG

BTW, that old Yamaha Thunderace up there redlines at 11,500rpms not 14K ;)

doh, of course i meant 11,500. what was i thinking...

oh god, thats not a bike imo, thats a rice burner... i'm talking about indian choppers, harleys and bsa's

i was thinking of getting a mt01 first, but then again that thing is a little slow, even if it´s very cool, and also very expensive.

http://www.bikez.com/bike/index.php?bike=22038

remember we have no speed limits on many of our streets over here, so i actually max out the bike quite regularely

0-100km/h in 3,2 seconds and 0-200km/h in under 10 seconds. ou´s bike is even faster.

ever been on a bike with so much power? trust me the rush is incredible and very addictive.

Yeah, my bike "burns rice" alright. It'll also out accelerate just about any car under 800-900hp.

Hardley's are for posers that want to pay tomorrow's prices for yesterday's technology, no thanks.

I like having a bike that goes when I twist the gas, stops when I hit brakes, and goes where I put it when I turn.............and doesn't leak oil :D

i don't know... my dad had a bsa has i grew up and i remember going to all the "biker" gatherings"... i always remember one time they had this contest...they find a really steep hill, and who ever rides up it without their bike falling down wins... choppers are my favorite... i love the smell a bike like those give off on a hot summer day. i like the oil leaks ;) ... guess you would call it a fetish.

Hardley's are for posers that want to pay tomorrow's prices for yesterday's technology, no thanks.

I like having a bike that goes when I twist the gas, stops when I hit brakes, and goes where I put it when I turn.............and doesn't leak oil :D

yep.