Clubplanet Nightlife Community

morales at crobar 2/4/06

morales has been pretty good in recent months at crobar but I thought his set was better than usual last night.

i was at another party so I didnt arrive til 4:15-4:30- if anyone was there from 1-4 id love to hear what top tunes morales played that i missed.

what i heard from 4:30-8:15 close was more straight up smooth and funky ny house tahn morales has been playing lately. if youve been checking his sets the last year or 2 he's been playing a lot more instrumental techy even dubby minimal tech house. but not last night. last night he was back in the pocket of the ny funky souldful house that was his style as long as Ive heard him from late 80s & 90s. imo morales best music is his signature defmix sound the rhythmic classic funky bass heavy vocakl nyc house with which his name is synonymous as one of the great house producers ever.

fave songs last nighyt in a more funky clasic house set tah we've heard in the last year from morales:

angie stone 'i wish i didnt miss you anymore'- the OJAYS BACKSTABBERS mix/mashup that he only sometimes plays- its THE BOMB!! best track of night.

madonna hung up. cool mix he plays, kind of a euro-disco dub version? always sounds good

'fascinated' not company B original, a re-make which is even better!!

mariah dont forget about us. a mix ive never heard, straight up soul/r&b club version. I actually think the techy club version that baby hec played is even better but at 7:45 theres no doubt this cl;assic defmix sounding mariah soul version was righteous & perfect.

a few tracks that hes played on KTU, real sweet: 'you should have said i love you.'

primal scream 'rocks' cool rock/techy mix. works well.

it was pretty populated from 4:30 to close. in fact 6 am and 7 am crowd was impressive numbers, morales music just kept flowing & the attendees were definitely in synch with his sounds.

Id rate the set in the **** of 5 possible stars range. including vibe & crowd. great to hear a warmer house set from morales generally as he used to spin back in the day.

roger sanchez was super hot last week, but morales represented for his sound nearl as effectively