Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Weekend Review - Centro Fly, Twilo Friday, Exit Saturday

k_car

Wow, I can't believe I went to 3 clubs in 2 nights this weekend, but I did... and had a great time! Here's my review of the the clubs I went to. Please note that this is only my opinion and not meant to cause drama cwm30.gif

Centro Fly (Friday 11:30PM-2AM) - i had been there once before... A nice quaint place, decent crowd, but I couldn't wait to get the heck out of there. Maybe it was my eagerness to go to Twilo or lame music. Maybe I didn't give the DJ a fair shot, becaus ewe left so early...

Twilo (Friday 2:30AM-6:30AM) - OMG, the place was kickin!!! Sven Vath was incredible!!! AS soon as my friends got inside, we went straight to the dance floor for hours on end. He had some awesome hard techno playing and did a fantastic job working the crowd with build songs climaxed with cold (ear deafening) mist). I never knew Sven was so awesome! Way to go Sven! After PVD, he has definitely become my favorite at Twilo... For those who have not seen him... GO!!! Although he is mostly hard techno, he knows how to mix and work the crowd like other great trance DJ's.

Exit (Saturday 3AM-7:30AM) - Exit, as usual is an exquisite looking club!!! the crowd is dressed nicely and the music pumping hard! The shows that night were awesome!!! With people in fancy costumes and peeps swinging from the rooftops cwm17.gif

Spheric, i finally noticed the mist! You have to admit though, compared to Twilo, it's like comparing a Yugo (Exit's mist) to a Ferrari (Twilo's mist).

Although the music was good I can't say the mixing was too good (I don't know who the DJ was and I'm not trying to diss him but...). He didn't know when to work the mist/snow with build songs. In fact, not many build songs at all... so in effect, he didn't know how to work the crowd. Sorry, but true. I admit, I had a great time at Exit though.

On a side note (which many of you may have already known), Go to Twilo for the best vibe, DJ's and music in NYC... Go to Exit for a fantastic show, good music, beautiful venue, and to hook up.

Overall, i had a great time at both places, but Twilo gets the nod in my book.

Peace! cwm11.gif

------------------

calvinan.gif

I've got more girls on my tip than a human shish-ka-bob!

You see! I wouldn't lie! I know it's not the same, but it does exist. By the way, the light guy is in control of the cold air, the lights, the smoke, etc. The only control that the dj has is the music and the horn! Glad to hear you had a good time!

Originally posted by SPHERIC:

You see! I wouldn't lie! I know it's not the same, but it does exist. By the way, the light guy is in control of the cold air, the lights, the smoke, etc. The only control that the dj has is the music and the horn! Glad to hear you had a good time!

you were right cwm30.gif . but like i said, i like both twilo and exit BECAUSE they are different. But you know which one i like better right??? cwm32.gif

------------------

calvinan.gif

<A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.anti-gravity.com" TARGET=_blank>www.anti-gravity.com</A>

its the troupe that puts on the flying shows at exit sometimes.

[This message has been edited by sote (edited 12-18-2000).]

With the money Exit makes, you would think they would bring in top talent from all over the world. Instead they pay some peanut head dj to play crap music.

What a waste of a good space. Adjustments need to be made if they ever want to take it to the next level. Exit has the potential to become an international player like Twilo.

Originally posted by Nolimit:

With the money Exit makes, you would think they would bring in top talent from all over the world. Instead they pay some peanut head dj to play crap music.

What a waste of a good space. Adjustments need to be made if they ever want to take it to the next level. Exit has the potential to become an international player like Twilo.

so true... exit has such a nice venue... i think they need to be bought out by the owners of twilo, bring in their speaker system, and start recruiting the likes of PVD, S&D, sven vath, carl cox, tiesto, tenaglia, etc... hahaha! now that, would be sweet cwm32.gif

then almost everyone on this board would be happpy at one place cwm20.gifcwm29.gifcwm11.gifcwm30.gif

------------------

calvinan.gif