Clubplanet Nightlife Community

[Review] Tedd Patterson @ Cielo - I thought it was perfect

The visit. By now I've read so much intimidating crap about Cielo that it made me never want to visit that spot. However when one of my favorite modelesque friend's boyfriend went out of town, I figured it'd be a good occasion to hear Tedd Patterson. Just to ensure smooth entry I also reserved a table. Apparently her boyfriend must've felt something, because he decided to cut his business trip short. Fortunately my party crew didn’t abandon me at the time of need, so it ended up 3 boys and 1 girl celebrating one of the boys' birthday.

The VIP. There isn't one, they just set aside a table for you, but there aren't any velvet ropes or bouncers guarding you from the common public. Actually the staff @ Cielo was incredibly friendly, unlike assholes @ BED. The bottle menu did not have wine other than champagne (at least I didn't notice it), and unlimited mixers came with vodka. Speaking of vodka, it's amazing how quickly four Russians can finish up a large bottle of Grey Goose!

The club. Unlike the review on Citysearch claims, it's bigger than my living room, even though my living room is oversized. My friends thought that it was too small, but I thought that it felt cozy. The sound system was really crisp. I enjoyed the lighting installed in the walls; I thought the lighting system was awesome, and the way-too-large for such a small room disco ball created some interesting effects. There is a smoking garden outside with the heaters - nice touch.

The music. So you guys compare Tedd Patterson to Danny T? I agree - this was an amazing track selection. He started off soft in a Nicolas Matar way, moved into progressive, then awesome tribal and eventually some hard tribal. The vibe was absolutely perfect and it was just getting better. Even though the three of us really liked it, our birthday boy for some reason wanted to also check out Pacha, and dragged us all out kicking and screaming around 3.

The crowd. The crowd was perfect: no assholes, no guidos, everyone dancing, everyone (except our birthday boy) were into the vibe. Even though there weren't as many gorgeous girls as @ BED, there were plenty of eye candy. Speaking of the latter - Hail to the hot dance instructor in a white shirt, dark indigo jeans and a cap, who was rolling in the snow outside in the smoking garden. Too bad she dropped by our table by the time we finished the bottle, otherwise I would've never let the waitress kick her off!

Im glad to read you had such a great time. To me TEDD PATTERSON is one of tghose djs who i believe can take you on a nice musical journey. This was one of the only times i have missed his vibal party due to wakeing up at 1am and seeing a shit load of snow outside my projects.

But from what i heard alot of tedd faithfuls were there. Glad you had fun max, i hope this means that next month you will be dancing it up with all of us. CIELO is a perfect club whos prententiousness is really non existent and to me the space is PERFECT. Musically if you read my reviews hes one of the only djs i think who each month plays flawlessy.

Yea, Gabe, hopefully next month I make it as well - this was definitely a really awesome event.

In the meantime, who do you recommend to hear @ Cielo or @ SOL on coming Fridays or Saturdays that are like Tedd? They don't have to go that deep into tribal as Tedd did on Saturday; I also enjoy uplifting house, like that really awesome John Feelgood January '06 mix that I can't find on message boards anymore.

Yes yes yes... Guess what? from seeing him for the past year or so he's really been off once!! he was working the turn tables *with the occasional cd'

s but mostly records from his Crazy collection of music.i really wisdh he would get to play a bigger room something like club deep where danny krivvitt's parties happen. or even at spirit he would kill the place for sure. saturday it was his birthday he was kindda tired, but still gave it his all and had fun with it youc an tell from seeing him dancing on the booth.

its funny after the club me and drew went to hit up the deli for some food it was fucking crazy with the snow and all,but we made it in after that we went out separate ways and i went to catch the train.. Who do i see sitting down with his two huge bags of records? tedd patterson lol he was on the train towards Bk where he lives we talked. and basically i interviwed him the whole ride home.it was fun haha