Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Musicians Wanted!

ede armand

New York

Singer/ Song Writer/ Musician Luz Divina is forming a band. She is currently looking for musicians that fit her for gigs and showcases. If you are interested or, know anyone that may fit the bill, feel free to contact her at the myspace address below. Also below is her personal post and bio info. As a dj and musician I have personally heard her voice countless times in clubs and I can honestly say that her voice is amazing and I think she has only scratched the surface of her true talent potential. Please pass it on. Luz thanks you in advance.

ede armand

http://www.myspace.com/luzdivina

Hey everyone! Hope everyone is doing great! This happens to be a very important post. As many of you have figured out from the music that is currently on my page, I don't just do the dance thing. My career extends further than that into the pop/rock scene and I'm going to start doing shows outside of the night club circuit. In order for this to happen, I have to have a kick ass band backing me up and what better way to find a band than informing everyone on myspace about it, right?

If you can play guitar, base, keyboard, or drums please just drop me a line on my inbox and we'll set up an audition with my producer and current musical director, Anthony Coluccio. When you write me if you can please include your name, age, instrument you play, how long you've been playing it, your musical influences, and anything else you may think important for me to know; Something you think is cool about yourself.

Thanks guys! Hope to hear back from all of you!

Sincerely,

Luz Divina

496551124_l.jpg

At only 19 years old, singer/songwriter Luz Divina is the epitome of youthful passion and exuberance and has begun casting a bright light on the music world – fitting, considering her name translated into English means divine light. Luz believes strongly in the importance of self expression, individuality, and that with courage and confidence, every person is free to become whatever they want in life. These beliefs are the foundation of her music, and are the qualities that have earned Luz legions of fans across the country. Born in the United States and of Dominican descent, Luz began performing at the age of 15 at venues around the New York tri-state area, but her love of music and performing reaches back much further. “Music has always been an enormous part of our lives,†Luz said. “Before I was born, my mother actually prayed that I’d be musical. She would play music and sing to me, and we both like to think that her efforts somehow reached me.†Her debut single “In Your Eyes,†released in 2001, was an instant hit, becoming a mainstay in New York’s and Miami’s club scene and gaining significant radio airtime. Luz’s unique voice, insightful lyrics and indelible passion grabbed the attention of DJ Louie DeVito, the best selling DJ in the United States and the force behind the “NYC Underground Party†series. DeVito featured “In Your Eyes†in his compilation album “NYC Dance Underground ..5,†which was released on Dee Vee Records. With the exposure resulting from DeVito’s stamp of approval, Luz headed out on the road, performing in some of most renowned venues on the East Coast, including New York’s famed Sound Factory and Roxy Nightclub. She has performed at Giants’ Stadium and even appeared on the hallowed stage at Carnegie Hall as part of the Professional Performing Arts Concert Choir. Despite a growing fan base and increased radio airtime, Luz decided to take a hiatus from performing to concentrate on school. “I believe that an artist has the enormous responsibility to remain engaged with the world around them so they can more truthfully express and explore the issues their fans face every day,†Luz said. “There was a point in my life when I did well in school just to do well, but I soon realized just how enriching knowledge can be. The biggest challenge an artist faces is to go beyond making just a passive, temporal impact on people’s lives, and to somehow make a difference. That is where education really helps, and what I hope to achieve with my music.†Luz followed through on that belief and graduated from the Professional Performing Arts School in 2004 as a vocal major. She is currently an International Marketing major at Bernard M. Baruch College in New York City. Away from the music scene for two years, and drawing upon her past experiences, Luz returned to the studios in the summer of 2004 with a new production deal with a new company, Mindset Entertainment. She just finished a brand new demo, produced by the extremely accomplished producer, Anthony Coluccio, who has worked with world-renown artists such as Jon Secada, Gloria Estefan, Bette Midler, Paula Cole, and many more. Luz is also performing again at many venues in the northeast. DJ’s are already calling Luz’s new song, titled “You shine on me,†the hit of the summer of 2005. Radio stations in New York and Florida are currently playing it, and the song is featured in a new compilation album called “Deeper and harder Vol. 2,†mixed by Chris Moody on Dee Vee Records. The song will also be featured in Louie DeVito’s NYC Underground ..7. The album is due out November 4, 2005. "I've been incredibly fortunate with the success I've achieved thus far, but I'm nowhere near done.†Luz said. “I want to continue to touch more people with my music and instill my vision in their hearts. I am just getting started."