Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom of the day - 2/21/06

weyes

except if you are talking to a baby . . . :shaky:
i disagree. i think we should speak to all humans equally and not condescend to children. i remember hating adults when i was a kid because they talked down to me so much. they said i was a precocious child, but i think one should treat others the way s/he wants to be treated.

and i'll say for the record that i'm very good with children :D . they like the respect i give them.

to be sincere i think that one has to gauge the way one has verbal and non verbal communication with everyone and approach them the way that they better respond. each person has his/her own personal style, if one trully wants to be effective one has to identify the style that the person better responds to and adapt the way they approach them.

some like to apporached in a dircet and consice manner, some like things sugra coated. tons of examples in business literature on how different cultures conduct their business and how one has to be able to adapt to those styles if one wants to be effective and get results.

i dont approach and interact w/ my 4 y/o nephew the same i do with the owner of the joint i work at. either my nephew would look at me and think i'm crazy and go tell my sister i dont want to play with him, or my boss will fire my ass faster than i can say "the incredibles."

...i dont approach and interact w/ my 4 y/o nephew the same i do with the owner of the joint i work at. either my nephew would look at me and think i'm crazy and go tell my sister i dont want to play with him, or my boss will fire my ass faster than i can say "the incredibles."
of course i don't mean that you should use the same vocabulary or cultural references; a lot would go over a kid's head if you tried to do that. i just mean that the tone of voice should be the same: nice, respectful. when i'm in a fun situation with my friends, i have a laid-back, happy kind of voice. i have that same tone when i talk to children; i don't take it an octave higher. the same goes for if i'm not happy with what someone's done. if i talk to a kid like s/he's on my level when s/he misbehaves, s/he knows that i'm really serious.