Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what's the best time to work out?

weyes

i work from 8:30am to 7:00pm, and mornings are not an option. by the time i get home i'm really hungry and tired, but i'd like to work out in there somewhere...

my question is: in what order should i

eat,

work out,

and shower,

taking into consideration that maybe i'm supposed to digest food (in the shower is a good use of that time) before i work out if i eat first?

i've heard that the order does matter; that's why i'm asking you guys :D ! otherwise i'd just do whatever. but please advise :) .

Depends on what kind of "working out" you are talking about.

Cardio for fat burning purposes is best done first thing in the morning before you eat anything, or right after you have lifted weights. The point being is that the best time to burn fat from the body is when your muscle sugar stores (glycogen) are most depleted, therefore your body will be more likely to burn your fat stores for energy.

In any event, it is not a good idea to work out and then just leave it as that. It's important to eat something well balanced after you've worked out. Your body is starving for nutrients to rebuild the damage you've done while exercising.

You should work out when you have the most energy, if your a night person work out later in the day (I think you need about 2 hours to chill out before you can fall asleep though) And vice versa if you are a morning person. Try eating at least an hour before you work out if you are going to after work, and make sure you get a good nights rest!